TSSC Tax Disc

rogerguzzi

But where will I keep my emergency chocky bickie?

Oh, stuff it! Why dos this site may pictuires so bloofy diifucult?

I've uploaded obne to my galley.

HOW THEW DO I PUT IT HERE? IF THATS THE WAY YPU WNAT US TO UPLOAD PIC WHY DON'T YOU PUT A BUTTON  FOR DOING THAT, INSTAED OF "CHOOSE FILE", WHICH IS JUST AN INVIATIONT BE SNUBBED WITH "TOO BIG"

boG OFF!

HOW THEW DO I PUT IT HERE? IF THATS THE WAY YPU WNAT US TO UPLOAD PIC WHY DON'T YOU PUT A BUTTON  FOR DOING THAT, INSTAED OF "CHOOSE FILE", WHICH IS JUST AN INVIATIONT BE SNUBBED WITH "TOO BIG"

boG OFF!

love the bickie idea ,

here is your picture.

gallery_139_19_3415.jpg

boG OFF!

Try it again now, hopefully you will find the limit lifted

Agree nice idea but I already have a repro "Period" tax disc for first registration and I know many others do as well - it has often started a discussion so I am afraid that I will not be displaying the new TSSC one - it doesn't look right against the "Period" one whereas the previous small sticker does

I do use the TSSC disc holder though

Mick

I think Cookie has a point especially as us overseas members do not have such a thing as we do not have to display anything on the windscreen.

I have not received my copy of the Courier yet as it normally doesn't arrive until the 17/18th of the Month. I find it pointless, what's wrong with a sticker.

Unfortunately yet another reason for not renewing my membership......

you can please some of the people, some of the time,    cant believe people are  complaining about a free service......

I can understend where he is coming from, as they do not have tax discs in the Netherlands, they do not have tax disc holders, so he has nothing to put his free membership disc in, so will have to resort to cellotaping it to the screen. or whatever stickytape brand is popi;lar over there.

Now if the overseas members had also been sent a free holder....... :-)

A grand suggestion there Colin. That needs to be put to Garth, the holders are effectively worthless now so sending one of the many (no doubt) in stock would free up a little space plus benefit the overseas members. Thay may even enjoy having a bit of old english charm attached to their cars.

personally, I am glad to see the back of the tax disc........

• Like 2

I thought everybody was going to ritually burn their tax discs on the 1st Oct last year, but no-one seems to have done.

On the CT RBRR mine was the only car without one in the window I think.

I swapped mine for "Tax in Post" written on the back of an envelope a-la Del-boy Trotter.

• Like 1

I swapped mine for "Tax in Post" written on the back of an envelope a-la Del-boy Trotter.

It's ironic that I have actually found myself in that position for the last 5 years or so.

When I bought my RR Silver Spirit in 2008, it was taxed and insured on the same day.

Just try to renew online!! Computer says "no" because the insurance will not be valid on the first day of the new tax. Why? Because EVERYONE BUT MY systems are so stupidly slow at updating things. So despite the fact I renewed the insurance, it only goes 'live' about a week before the start date. You have to tax online at least a week (I usually do two) to allow for post, before it's due.

So in order to renew online, I've been in the position of being refused tax until a couple of days before the old ran out..... so I was in the position of not being able to display a current tax disk, because it was literally IN THE POST!!!!! One year I'd promised to take someone out in the car so I decided "***k 'em!" Didn't get stopped or a nasty letter  :D

At least those days are behind us as there is no longer the offence of "not displaying" B)

• 11 months later...

I must admit to being a little disappointed that TSSC has stuck with the tax disc membership indicator again this year. I thought it a nice novelty last year, but I, like many others I'm sure, have now gone down the route of a 'period' tax disc and finding room for two holders on a GT6 windscreen isn't ideal. I wonder if we will return to the smaller cling sticker at some stage? Anyone else had similar thoughts?

Cheers,

Gully

I think it's a great idea and looks a top-job.

Other marque classic car owners have also commented upon the novel idea - so obviously a BIG thumbs up from independent perspectives. 

Regards.

Richard.