TSSC Tax Disc

rogerguzzi

• 5 years later...

Ok, as a New Year gift to everyone and pending the club issuing an official one (and acknowledging the club copyright on the original image), I give you this...

TSSC-Membership-Disc-2022b.thumb.jpg.e3f703981e893c2ebeb170a859795f28.jpg

You will have to resize as the forum software has reset the size when uploading. The overall width of the image should be 8.25cm which should give a cut out image of 7.5cm. Set the DPI to 300. Hope that is useful to some of you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Peter Truman said:

I think I remember blank tax discs being available on eBay several years ago you could request a year and month consistent with your cars history

would they work

This is who I got mine from, you can even specify the post office that issued it. still had to do my own perforations though 😒

https://www.miniphernalia.co.uk/15-replica-tax-discs

1555550105_Taxdisc.thumb.jpg.b77dbdafe8cbec0d966faa0e20cf17de.jpg

3 minutes ago, JohnD said:

Is this why Road Tax Dics were done away with?  If you can buy one that looks in keeping with the vehicle, it's pointless demending that we all show genuine ones!

Absolutely! A low life I know off had 4 cars, he'd tax one and photocopy the disc for the other 3.  Year after year, never got caught.

Doug

Oh no, what have I started this time.

By the way, does anyone happen to know the correct names of the fonts used on tax disc. There most be a list somewhere but I have not found it up to now.

If you are worried about the holes around your discs, don't forget that for concourse, some of the holes on certain years are oval and it's very important that you get it perfect...

image.png.8d32f3a3298c1ae8a3f94b2cc43e8eef.png

If you want a free repro disc for your car, you might also find this link useful.

https://www.theminiforum.co.uk/forums/topic/258099-free-repro-tax-disc-downloads/

5 hours ago, Peter Truman said:

I think I remember blank tax discs being available on eBay several years ago you could request a year and month consistent with your cars history

would they work

You still can, I've ordered a period version for the convertible. They'll supply for any year / region.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/133019835391

I have a 'period' tax disc in my GT6. The debate in my head was always whether to have one dated for Jan '71 (when the car was registered), or the expiry date of its original tax disc (assuming 12 months period - Dec '71). I went with the latter...

Gully

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Badwolf said:

some of the holes on certain years are oval and it's very important that you get it perfect...

OVAL?!! What years? We have to get it right. 

Obviously a pin is not good enough, that's just a perforation,  a hole is required, a tiny tiny cutting tube thing, but oval, hmm. 

db