DanHookey

Help!

After putting My Vitesse mkII on ramps to check the diff it has now developed a clutch issue?

Driving off ok, but change to 2nd and the clutch is making a fairly loud rattle when coming off the clutch pedal that keeps going until I accelerate

Closer inspection reveals the slave piston is 'wobbly' as is the plate attached to the gearbox drive shaft. There is also lots of movement in the clutch pedal before it starts to feel pressure.

Is it the spring inside the piston assembly or something worse??  Is it ok to keep driving short distances also? 

The withdrawl lever sits loosely on a spherical post so it can be quite a loose rattly feeling if you give it a waggle

Lost travel , start with a re bleed, make sure bleed nipple is in the top port pipe in lower port.

Make sure the pedal is fully returning and not part seized on its pivot pin.

Under the baulkhead boots have a look at worn clevis pin holes  can loose a lot of pedal action.

If the rattle is inside the clutch hsg, then its gearbox off and check the clutch itself and the throw out bearing

Pete

Probably not your problem, but I have been putting up with a light rattling noise coming from the bellhousing which had gotten worse since my last engine swap earlier in the year. Turned out to be the bendix on the starter motor rattling when the engine was running, fitting a high torque starter from the club shop fixed it.

Darren