KXC 38H, where are you now?

Ian

I hope someone can help  with my quest to track down my Spitfire of some 47 years ago. 
                     It was only recently I came across an old  photograph reminding me of the reg number, only to find, having looked it up on the  DVLA, that the car is still on the road,
                     taxed and  MOT’d !
                     If possible, It would so good to see the car again and  bring back many memories for my wife and I. 
                     The attached photo, taken 1970/1, shows KXC 38H, Mk 3 Spitfire first registered Feb 1970.
                     Thank you again for for your help. Kind regards Ian Atkins

image.jpeg

Hello Ian.

It does not look as though the car gets out that much according to the DVLA mileage info:

2015 - 2016 = 88mls

2016 - 2017 = 61mls

Spot-it if you can !!

I may be able to locate the car's whereabouts in a general area via the MOT Test Number; I will update you if I can.

Good luck.

Richard.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Ian.

Hopefully I should be able to find out early part of this week; up until now I've been a tad busy.

The result will at least give you some idea as to the area the car is in; I think most car owners get their MOT's done within a 10 mile radius of where they live so it's always a good location indicator.

Regards.

Richard.

Folks.

I am pleased to say that Ian's enquiry appears to be progressing towards a successful conclusion:

Richard, I can  now tell you I have been in touch with the garage owner ( Buckworth ) in St Olaves  and have the name and contact details of the present owner !  Thank you so much for your help in tracing the 'Spit', without it I don't think I would be off the starting blocks! 

Always good to hear a positive result regarding potential repatriation; good luck Ian and keep the thread updated if you can.

Regards.

Richard.