Hello my name is Terry and i love Triumph Heralds (preferably convertible) ???

Glad to say i am now a TSSC member ?and im now seriously looking into buying my first convertible Triumph herald.... love it to be a 68 model and also love the old white bodywork with the red interior too if poss....

My budget is only 3k.... but i have seen a few going for around that price... ive been looking at all the sites online.... but only the same old ones there most of the time now really... thinking now its getting to the end of summer... there may be a few more coming up for sale?

Any help or advice would be very much appreciated

Im in the Essex here in the south east of England btw

Regards Terry

Welcome to the band of eccentrics. Excellent taste nothing better than a 1968 convertible Herald 13/60 in white, unless it is in red.:wub:

It took me a while to find the right one for me. Look everywhere, look every day and you will start to build up a picture of what is out there, what to avoid and what to want.

Good luck. 

1 hour ago, Chris A said:

Welcome to the band of eccentrics. Excellent taste nothing better than a 1968 convertible Herald 13/60 in white, unless it is in red.:wub:

It took me a while to find the right one for me. Look everywhere, look every day and you will start to build up a picture of what is out there, what to avoid and what to want.

Good luck. 

Thanks Chris

Yes there are so many versions of this great car and i like the coloured interiors be it...blue/tan or red... i think they represent the period of the car of which they were made so well... also the bodywork colours too!

Liking yours there btw ?

My search continues.......

Welcome Terry and good choice of colors. I have a 1969 Herald 13/60 Saloon, white with red interior and I just love the combination! I’m sure you will find this forum useful, let us know if you find one.

Greetings from The Aaland Island,
Roger.

Thankyou Roger

Your Herald dounds great and yes i just love the kinda old retro look of these lovely cars (to which they are very retro really) the tan interior looks good too! But i should concentrate on whats lies beneath the car really ha.

Ive been looking and learning about these cars for a while now and in a position to buy 

Thanks again and greetings back to you from Essex (near London) England...

5 minutes ago, Chris A said:

What do you mean retro look? When I learnt to drive in 1970, in a Herald 13/60, they were (almost) the latest thing. OK so I am a dinosaur.

Haha... shall we call you T-Rex then Chris? How cool to have learnt to drive in a Herald... i did have a 68 mini myself and then Fords im afraid! As the song goes.... Wish i knew then what i know now when i was younger....

Thinking of selling my 13/60 convertible. 1970. Saffron body, black interior.  Very good condition. Had it 15 years, stripped down and rebuilt it, and time for me to move on.   Been a member here all that time. Lost most (all?) of my posts here on the 13/60 following the great website crash of a few years ago. Been working on my TR4 mainly for the last 3 years, and now doing some work on my GT6. Herald feeling a bit neglected!  

Dave

====

30 minutes ago, davepb said:

Thinking of selling my 13/60 convertible. 1970. Saffron body, black interior.  Very good condition. Had it 15 years, stripped down and rebuilt it, and time for me to move on.   Been a member here all that time. Lost most (all?) of my posts here on the 13/60 following the great website crash of a few years ago. Been working on my TR4 mainly for the last 3 years, and now doing some work on my GT6. Herald feeling a bit neglected!  

Dave

====

Hello Dave

Thankyou for replying to me here and i would be very interested to hear more about the Herald you are thinking of selling....

How can we share photos here and where are you located... sorry but im a bit of a newbie to this forum 

Regards Terry

Hi Terry, if you look at the member details on the left, you can see their location, generally.  I guess you need to put it in your personal account details if you want people to see it.

Regarding photos , I think its the bottom of  the reply box to attach files.

As you can see I am in the Isle of Man.   Bit of a way from Essex!  Maybe a bridge too far (except there isn't a bridge).