Courier Binders?

Bertie

May have changed since but I asked this about a year  ago The club shop had run out and were not prepared to buy any further due to the quantity they had to order in one go  

I could certainly do with three more  

Aidan 

Many thanks for that Adrian, appreciate the reply. I was prepared to buy an awful lot of them as i have nearly every Courier to date so wanted them all stored correctly. That's such a shame. Shall need to look out for them on the second hand market then but doubt I'll get the quantity I was looking for :-( 

Bertie.

It may be worth your while to give the Club Shop a call and see if:

1- they have any left

2- may be able to order especially as you will be looking for a significant number

3- if they can order you may find other members (like Adrian) happy to add to the list making it viable for all concerned.

I would certainly be interested in four binders.

It's only a phone call, unless you have already tried the above ??

Good luck.

Richard.

Hi Richard,

Many thanks for your reply, and i agree - as you say its only a phone call away. I shall certainly give the shop a little call in the morning and see what the options are :-) 

I shall certainly report back. 

Kind Regards

Bertie

It would certainly be worth the shop asking the membership  I know people say they would like them then don't purchase but maybe a two step approach the second part paying in advance would work  I'd be prepared to buy another 10 to keep me going 

Aidan 

3 minutes ago, AidanT said:

It would certainly be worth the shop asking the membership  I know people say they would like them then don't purchase but maybe a two step approach the second part paying in advance would work  I'd be prepared to buy another 10 to keep me going 

Aidan 

Absolutely, I'm happy to pay in advance as well. I shall give them a tinkle in the morning and report back :-) 

I agree Pete, modern technology is always moving forward and i think its brilliant that the club has done that - must have taken ages to do...im just old fashioned i guess!! Love flicking through those tangible pages :-) 

Kind Regards

Russell. 

I've just got off the phone with Angie at the Club HQ and now have the inside story about the binders.

The Club have NO binders left in stock, they have all been sold.

They  are looking at sourcing new supplies of binders....... BUT

There is a minimum order quantity of 500, and they are likely to cost in the order of £15 each

The last time the Club purchased binders was over 10 years ago, and it took 10 years to sell them all, so there was a lot of money was tied up in very slow moving stock.

The binders are supplied bulk packed in boxes, and these boxes take up an enormous amount of storage space that would be better utilised with stocking fast moving parts or displaying cars etc.

Bern is searching for a new supplier that has a lower MOQ, and a cheaper price.  If any member reading this knows of a binder supplier that Bern could approach for a quotation, please speak up ASAP.

If enough members want binders and are prepared to commit to purchase them up front, so say 400 binders are pre purchased, then the Club is likely to be prepared to order 500, but if there is insufficient interest then we will all have to wait until Bern can find a much more competitive price and a lower MOQ.

Please add you names to the thread along with the quantity of binders you would be prepared to buy so that the Club can gauge the actual level of interest.

Thanks Kevin

£15 does seem very high  These people below may be worth contacting  They retail at around 7.50 per folder  Not sure about the print cost but that could be done a lot more cheaply I expect with professionally done sticky labels?

Aidan

Modern Bookbinders Ltd, 
Pringle Street, Blackburn, Lancashire BB1 1SA, England
Tel: +44 (0)1254 59371 
Fax: +44 (0)1254 59373 

Many thanks for this, i too had an identical conversation to above this afternoon (however was quoted £12 each with a minimum of 500). Id be seriously interested in purchasing around 40-50 binders (expensive yes but its important to me to have all my Couriers bound and matching as they are on display in a nice bookcase) which will give me enough for previous years and a good few years into the future. 

We had a similar issue with the Vulcan to the Sky Club magazine ring binders - needed to buy in bulk for a sensible unit price, but a very slow seller that took up loads of space! Of course, as soon as we sold out (after about 8 years), a few people wanted them! 

Personally, I wouldn't buy any - I keep the odd Courier of particular interest and then recycle the rest as the DVD versions come out.

Gully

I bought a load of A5 clear boxes off fleabay (current item number 200953626720). Price at the moment £12.95 for 10 (Oct 2017) including postage. They just take 12 copies but as the top just drops on they are expandable to a point so will also take the shop stock booklet etc. Maybe the shop should get a job lot, add a logo sticker and sell them on.

Hi Badwolf 

That's a good alternative and certainly the right kind of price 

Kevin 

If your reading this thread, does the club already have or could supply the club logo on stickers or even  an A5 sheet that could go on top of the box?

Aidan 

If the shop/club staff are reading this or if someone could redirect it, the supplier is selling these boxes for £25.49 inc carriage for 25 and making a profit!! If the club source a similar supplier, have self adhesive stickers printed in club colours with crest (which could simply be put inside the box for self stick)  the club could still sell out at a decent price and make a profit. I have just made a dymo label for the edge and put them on my book shelf. They take up less space on the shelf than the binders.

I have also tried to order these, and I would buy at least 5-10 binders. Yes, I’m old fashioned too, love my collection of old Couriers :). My oldest one is from 1986, think that was the first year I became a member. It would be great if they where available again.

Hi all thanks for the comments above, good ideas above with the boxes however for myself speaking personally I'll still be trying to figure out an actual folder arrangement because (again speaking personally) it's not purely a storage solution: where the binders were excellent was having the ability to have "a year on your lap" and being able to just hold the binder and read through a copy by the clever way they were held in with the metal wire. It was very handy and nice to use also without having to delve into a box to find the issue you were looking for. Again speaking personally here but that to me is worth paying more for. Absolutely love the idea of a club transfer logo though if we found a suitable option and this would give the member the ability to store them however they wanted but the ability to keep it all looking uniform. 

Hello Kevin and Russell.

Re binders:

I sent an enquiry to a contact within the SAOC regarding binders and this is the reply, which may prove beneficial if a TSSC committee appointee wishes to make further enquires:

Hello Richard,

We get our binders from Modern Bookbinders Ltd, PRINGLE ST. BLACKBURN LANCS. BB1 1SA

TEL.01254 59371

modern.binders@btconnect.com

www.modernbookbinders.com

Our contact there is "Warren".

They cost us around £4 each in 50-off quantities; I assume there would be a one-off set-up charge for new artwork.

Happy to assist as always.