Newbie in central Scotland

Cotland? It's between Bedford and Bunker's Hill. Boom! Boom!  It's the way I tell 'em!

Mrs May's my MP, saw her in Waitrose last week, seems to have a lot more security detail than previously. :lol:

To add insult to injury, Boris is my brother's MP, where did we go wrong?

4 hours ago, Pete Lewis said:

...and  Mrs May has lost her F

Not exactly the joke thread... but:

DUP:  Theresa, can we please have our billion pounds for Northern Ireland?

Theresa May: There's no money, sorry.

DUP: Theresa, can we please have our billion pounds for Northern Ireland?

Theresa May: I say again, there's no money.

DUP: Theresa, can we please have our billion pounds for Northern Ireland?

Theresa May: Are you stoopid? There's no money.

DUP: Theresa, can we please have our billion pounds for Northern Ireland?

Theresa May: You are stoopid. I'll bet you can't even spell.

DUP: Yes we can, we can spell anything.

Theresa May: Where's the N in Northern?

DUP: At the start and furthermore at the end too.

Theresa May: Where's the I in Ireland?

DUP: At the beginning.

Theresa May: Where's the f in money?

DUP: There's no f in money.

Theresa May: And that's what I'm trying to tell you....

Sorry, JimmyMac, but you'll find out that hi-jacking threads or drifting off the topic is normal round here. Apologies!!

ok if we are going off topic,hypotheticallyif you had a mk1 gt6 in bits,  shell,chassis + engine and box,mk2 gt6 bonnet  would you lemans replica it or restore as near as poss to gt6.

or if you had good a mk 4 spitfire shell,mk3 chassis and running gear and the skills to roundtail the shell would you build a Macau replica from it.

Time permitting of course  

No drink or drugs?!! :lol: Not sure how you'll get on with the inmates here!

Replica or original is entirely personal preference, I like originals but I have no problem with replicas. As Pete says John Bonnet's aluminium bodied GT6 look alike is fabulous. It only has a 4 pot engine, so GT4, it didn't need anything bigger being so light.  He was mad to sell it!

Depends what you want the car for!

Personally, I would use the six cylinder engine, spitfire engine frontplate and mount it back in the chassis. Gives near perfect balance. Not so worried about the body, but up in Scotland I reckon a rood of some variety would be handy....Probably use a spitfire tub. You can use a spit bonnet with the engine mounted back too.

Nice to have another scot on here ?im from Glasgow and i have a 76 1500 getting some engine work done hopefully next week and geg it back on the road im not the type to hide my car away in the winter as long asits dry and no ice on the roads I will take her out for a spin even if it's just to local shops lol anyway welcome and hopefully we will meet up at a future date 

There's a couple of guys in and around Edinburgh, were on here a week or so ago. And another chap called Haggis down here, but I'm only guessing where he comes from! :lol: My mother lives in Berwickshire, lovely double garage, I'm sorely tempted to make the move.