Radiator cap Vitesse mk2

Paul H

My radiator cap is leaking on my vitesse MK 2 , bought a replacement and it's not deep enough. Any recommendations where to purchase , previous posts say the Club Shop are not deep enough . Looking for a 7lb pressure . I like the look of the Fahler stainless but not sure if they are deep enough 

Thanks in advance

Paul 

You have to measure the depth of the filled,  there are two  depth of caps

Its not vitesse related its down to make of radiator,  many have been changed over the years so check the neck depth 

Before you order from anywhere

And  the pressure is not overly important the higher the lbs the higher the boiling point 

Pete

27 minutes ago, Pete Lewis said:

You have to measure the depth of the filled,  there are two  depth of caps

Its not vitesse related its down to make of radiator,  many have been changed over the years so check the neck depth 

Before you order from anywhere

And  the pressure is not overly important the higher the lbs the higher the boiling point 

Pete

Hi Pete, thanks for info . Temp gauge goes between 80 & 90 , the thermostat is 82c . Are these figures ok ?

Paul

Hello Paul.

Those figures look decent enough to me and out of interest are you running the standard fan or electric ??

To add to Pete's info, if you can locate rad caps that have an upper and lower rubber sealing ring that is always useful and really does seal the neck of the rad. More often than not only the lower seal is rubber and the top seal is a metal disc; obviously does the job but worth bearing in mind.

Regards.

Richard. 

1 hour ago, classiclife said:

Hello Paul.

Those figures look decent enough to me and out of interest are you running the standard fan or electric ??

To add to Pete's info, if you can locate rad caps that have an upper and lower rubber sealing ring that is always useful and really does seal the neck of the rad. More often than not only the lower seal is rubber and the top seal is a metal disc; obviously does the job but worth bearing in mind.

Regards.

Richard. 

Hi Richard - running a standard fan - Ive found a FAH-LER which should fit - need to check some measurements - current cap & the one one that is too short both have upper & lower seals . Will advise on my findings 

Paul 

Just rang Anglia Radiators who supplied the recored Stanpart radiator a year ago for my Vitesse  and asked for their advice re radiator cap.

Simples there's Long Reach & Short Reach caps which I hadnt realised . MIne is a long reach and googling brings up lots of choice 

Hope this helps 

NB I can recommend Anglia Radiators - nice people to deal with 

Paul