Bertie the Herald

Thanks Doug, much appreciated. Alas the gauges are not original but i do appreciate the fact someone has fitted a temperature gauge - a must really with a car that age. I can understand fully why people do fit modern upgrades, but not for me I'm afraid - the car will never be used at night nor in the rain so in terms of an alternator there will never be that much demand on the little dynamo, and i keep the battery on trickle charge all the time (disconnected from the car). I just personally think (and were all different - be a dull world if were all the same) that you may as well have a more modern car if upgrades are desired. I just like the experience of how they would have been at the time i suppose, but as i say were all different and i can appreciate all viewpoints :-) 

Russell, my car also only ventures out in good weather  B)  and it's currently tucked up for the  winter. I'll let you have dynamo and points, but I wouldn't be without seatbelts.

I was once shunted up the rear by a granny, car written off (thankfully not a Triumph) but unhurt thanks to seatbelt.

Its the only way to keep them nice isn't it Doug, your Spitfire in your avatar pic looks lovely :-) Aye, i do concur about seatbelt, even static ones would be better than nothing i suppose...its all very well saying "I'm not planning on having a bump" but its other people you need to watch out for as their stupidity is baffling at times...have you seen that clip on youtube when you type in Triumph Herald of the poor little Convertible recently, looked a lovely car as well. Glad you were ok after your bump previously. 

That is one excellent car!

Keep the dynamo, it's something original and to be honest I've started to appreciate cars with them again, probably for their rarity :)

The photos are a good reference for me too as I'm rebuilding a Herald from a not-so-good-anymore memory.... can't remember how things go!

Fantastic Doug: i must need my eyes testing...and thats with Glasses!!!! :-) Your GT6 looks magnificent and your Daughter looked beautiful on her big day - so nice the car was able to play sure a huge part in the day :-) Love the photos, they are excellent!!! :-) Thanks for sharing them Doug. 

Many thanks for that colin, much appreciated indeed - I'm a bit of a purist so it will indeed be staying exactly as you see it. Im sure your doing a grand job resto wise. If you require any detailed shots just let me know what of and ill try my very best to get you as clear close up shots as i can. 

Doug - It was part of the 'upgrade' to the forum. When it happened it trimmed my nose and ears!!! I have had a look at yours and think I can improve it for you if you want. I have a little experience in this sort of thing. Maybe move this discussion to my thread?

Bertie - Sorry to hijack your thread with this, it happens quite regularly.

Welcome - a lovely looking car and a beautiful home area through which to drive it! Thanks for sharing the photographs.

I'd love to tour my GT6 around Scotland - I've done plenty of miles through the Highlands in moderns, but not the Triumph yet. I've no interest in the RBRR - I want to drive up and stay a while, enjoying the roads and mountains ?

Gully

Many thanks for that Gully, much appreciated indeed. We certainly are very lucky with scenery up this way and as you say the roads would be perfectly suited to your GT6 which looks gorgeous judging by your avatar picture there :-) Getting weather to enjoy it up this way is quite another matter...... :-) 

Thing is BW I think my current avatar is the best that can be done with that picture. My head back in means less of the car, which Russell has already mistaken for a Spitfire. :lol:  Perhaps I have a better photo, I'll have a look. Perhaps I'll just pinch Gully's, same car, same colour!

You'd be amazed at what can be done. See if you can load up this one and see what it looks like. If it does fit OK, it needs a bit more work. If you want me to try to get rid of the background cars let me know.  Takes a bit more than the ten minutes I spent on it to sort that out!!!

image.png.f9dae7d534581f9bf2a7d5265e2c5b6d.png