Clutch lubrication

Adrian

Hi all

I think I'm ready for getting the engine back in but before doing so I've cleaned out the clutch bell housing (clutch and brake cleaner). Before re-connecting are there any areas inside the housing that needs a dose of lubrication and if so what with.

Thanks

Adrian 

Thanks Darren,

did it this afternoon (I must be getting impatient in my older years). Took about an hour to get it back in (don’t need any weight training after wriggling that in) so reasonably happy with that just need to bolt up the Bell house to the block.

adrian

• Like 1

Its good on non moving parts you dont want to get corroded together it is an anti seize assemble compound , just not intended as a 

Lubricant on gerneral moving rotating, sliding parts,   thats the place for a specified grease

Ideal for back of disc pads etc.   On suspension bolts its ok they dont rotate they  just clamp brackets and crush tubes in bushes  but can corrode and get stuck so it makes disassemble easy later in life

pete

I've always used copper slip on clutch installations and have done a few, never caused a problem. The amount of grease needed and the amount of movement of the clutch plate is minimal, so tbh I don't think it would really matter what type of grease you use. There's plenty of people out there that recommended fitting them dry as any grease will collect dust & debris that could potentially cause drag.

Darren