GT6 Loom

Tricky

Hi all.

Can anyone recommend one of the suppliers of new looms for the GT6 ?  In particular, I'm interested to know who if anyone, supplies looms with terminals already attached, or even with them labelled !  I can obviously get hold of a wiring diagram and I'm happy to work it all out, but just wondered if any one option did it better than others.  Thanks a lot.

On 04/11/2017 at 5:30 PM, Darren Groves said:

www.autosparks.co.uk do wiring harnesses for lots of classics, all complete with bulb holders etc. and ready to fit.  You'll have to work out where it all connects from the wiring diagram, but you can't go far wrong. 

Darren 

Thanks Darren. I’d already been recommended to go there so that’s ideal to hear re the connectors etc.

• 3 weeks later...

Received my new GT6 harness set from Autosparks this morning and I’ve got to say I’m very impressed. Shiny new and neatly bagged up and most importantly for me all the terminal connectors are attached !  Looking forward to reconciling it with a wiring diagram in about six months from now......!!

It's actually wee buns to fit... if you string it along the car, you'll find wires sticking out right beside one component or other, so you just know that's where they go. It's difficult (I'll not say impossible) to seriously mess up the connections. The most nerve-wracking bit will be the first time you attach a battery; you're looking for sparks or smoke.... :wacko:

16 hours ago, Colin Lindsay said:

It's actually wee buns to fit... if you string it along the car, you'll find wires sticking out right beside one component or other, so you just know that's where they go. It's difficult (I'll not say impossible) to seriously mess up the connections. The most nerve-wracking bit will be the first time you attach a battery; you're looking for sparks or smoke.... :wacko:

Yes I’m actually looking forward to that stage as it will mean I’m making progress !  I did it fine with my Stag, but it helped that I’d also done the dismantling and followed a friend’s advice to label EVERY terminal as I removed it. The person who dismantled the GT6 unfortunately used shears to remove the loom.........