Car Insurance

Adrian

I've just renewed my insurance as it is due up next month. Tried Peter James based on comments from here.

£108 pa with Europe breakdown cover and included the "mods" to the car - unlimited mileage and £4500 valuation (I'm going to get a club valuation too) 

Current provider is 3000miles limit (not an issue) valuation £4k  - £130+ The only difference being is the breakdown cover with this is for any car I own or am in.

So I've gone with Peter James.

PJ insurance for mine + recovery was £98 with a valuation of 4k. New club valuation of £16k (Yes I know!!! :o) puts it up to £130. I was told a valuation up to 10k would have kept it at £98.

I have separate insurance and recovery on my modern with Liverpool & Victoria. One PJ recovery did not affect that insurance, but not sure what would have happened to LV insurance if I'd used them.

Doug

5 hours ago, Badwolf said:

I have RAC personal cover for any vehicle I am in if it breaks down. Hence my not needing extra recovery etc bundled with my classic insurance.

Check the small print. The last "any vehicle" breakdown policy I had turned out to specifically exclude anything over 15 years old (which, given that my other half's modern is 16 now, is a bit dishonest in my book).

To right. The spit is obviously older than that and Mrs BW's modern is not so modern as it is 19 years old. I will check the RAC details and report back. If they have sold me membership ("you are the member not the car") there will be hell to pay.