Bonhams

Evening.

I've sold many consignments via Bonhams over the years and as such they always send me their various catalogues.

Spotted this and thought it may be of interest to GT6 Mk3 owners in particular.

Hopefully the link should show Lot 204.

At 25% + VAT buyers premium , you really are dealing top end of the market.............................completely over the top, but I can assure you there are plenty of buyers who are not a bit bothered by such a high premium. Most auctions on Planet Earth pitch between 8% - 12% which places a far different spin on things.

Regards.

Richard.

www.bonhams.com/auctions/24125/lot/204

Shaun.

At this type / level of auction the sellers commission is dependent on what is being sold and the perceived value of the Lot or multiple Lots; but as you rightly state it will be significant you can be certain of that.

Lower level auction houses usually pitch about 20% + VAT.

No such thing as a struggling auction house or auctioneer for that matter !!

Better to be a buyer than a seller in most cases.

Regards.

Richard.

Sorry to chip in like this, but the T+C's state 15%+vat for cars! Actually  quite a saving, at least £1200. More than what I have paid for most of my Triumphs.

(just under the bit where it talks of the 25% fee, seems they take a lower cut on actual vehicles, bless them)

But assuming they charge a similar fee to sellers, not a bad game to be in......

Mud flaps! Haven't seen those for a while. Is it really British Racing Green? Not as I remember it. And NO it doesn't share a chassis with the Herald!

Also, are they aware it should have a servo for this year?  As I've mentioned before, remove a servo fitted as standard and that's an MOT fail. 

And it should have white and yellow plates to be authentic, as it does in the TV still. Front plate is in the right place in the still, lower down, but replacement under the bumper in the ad. Curious.

And I don't like the wheels, so it's no bid from me! :lol:

Thanks Clive, I'm grateful - it was the Automobilia Lots that I read as 25%.

Doug - it just goes to show why taking someone along who really knows their stuff to view a possible purchase is priceless; be it via an auction or any other type of sale.

It would be interesting to have a Sage per make & model of those vehicles being auctioned to cast a critical eye. Ironically much of the auction blurb is supplied by the vehicles owner, so it makes you wonder what sort illusion such people are under and what their actual understanding is of the car that they own or are selling !!

Regards.

Richard.

5 hours ago, dougbgt6 said:

And NO it doesn't share a chassis with the Herald!

It doesn't say that it does... it says it inherited what was essentially a Herald chassis... which is true enough! I'd be more concerned about the mish-mash of pipes on the bulkhead and the rusty gunge around the head and thermostat housing.... not very well maintained.

Re the servo: didn't we have a thread a while back that claimed that most MOT Inspectors these days have no idea what they're meant to be looking at, so they'll never miss a servo that isn't there? :)