2500 gt6 mk3 no power after 3500 revs

Danwedges

All most erudite, but beyond me.  I went Pi long ago.

But I retain some ideas on carbs, and the dashpots might be to blame.  Are they full of oil?  If not then they will allow too quick a piston rise, and the mixture will weaken as press down on the throttle.

JOhn

• Like 1

Good point John, dashpots are dampers and need engine oil, in them  to give acceleration without a flat spot we dont want 3 in1 in here

This is all the troubles you get  whem you harang a load of parts away from standard  and hope it all works without a development or experimental emmision dyno to research the running as manufacturers did or do.

Pete

If the oil is thin then you will have a lack of power when you push down on the throttle and maybe a flat spot. 20/50 oil is OK. However, BDB needles on a MG prefix engine with K&N filters give a very weak mixture. BAE will give a rich mixture. Try either BDM or BDC with Green springs. The Green springs are the large springs which return the piston to the bridge.

Dave

Fitted new jets bae needles and cleaned the carbs out set the timing to 8btdc and the car runs spot on now pulls all the way through the revs a little bit of overrun every now and then but that's probably carbon build-up on the head and hopefully will get better with use

Thanks  for all the advice to everyone who helped out hopefully the weather perks up so I can enjoy the car some more 

• Thanks 1