Give blood - the best gift you'll ever give!

JohnD

I gave blood regularly from when I was about 18 until I was in my late 20's - then work got in the way.

But have restarted as I can more easily move my work schedule around these days and have given about 3 times this year. :D

I do like the texts though, Mine has ended up all over - Devon and Exeter hospital last time. 

Well worth doing if you can :rolleyes:

Fully support John's initiative for blood donors.  My 7 week old grandson has already had a 5 hour op (at 4 weeks old) for a liver/gall bladder issue that meant a week's stay in King's College Hospital, London. Home, problem and blue lighted back to London for another 2 hour op and 12 day stay.

However, his parents staying up there was eased by the provision of a room and facilities in the adjacent Ronald Macdonald House; all 'free' courtesy of the charity box.  So next time the Big Mac order goes in , please pop something in the box.

Dick

Despite my previous post, probably not in the best possible taste,  I should add that I have been and am a blood donor. Although they are finding it increasingly difficult to get at my blood, last time 5 attempts in one arm, 2 in the other! Best wishes to Dick's grandson and thanks for the image of the Big Mac, I think that's lunch sorted out.

On 11/26/2017 at 11:15 PM, Mike Crewes said:

I gave blood for years (over 140 units), but had to stop last year due to health problems.

Give blood and save lives, guys.  You never know when you might need some.

Mike

Hello All

I can not match mikes record only 113 units to date!

I was dragged there by  by my mother at 18 who then found out she was anemic and never gave but had a few units in her life time

Its a pity they can not fit a tap somewhere to save the little P****k

A friend said if you are prepared to receive you should be prepared to give (if you can)

I miss the glass bottles rattling in the crate but the biscuits are much better(club bars,crisps,small packets of biscuits)

I like the text message to say were your blood has gone it gives me a warm feeling

Roger

On 11/26/2017 at 11:15 PM, Mike Crewes said:

I gave blood for years (over 140 units), but had to stop last year due to health problems.

Give blood and save lives, guys.  You never know when you might need some.

Mike

Hello All

I can not match mikes record only 113 units to date!

I was dragged there by  by my mother at 18 who then found out she was anemic and never gave but had a few units in her life time

Its a pity they can not fit a tap somewhere to save the little P****k

A friend said if you are prepared to receive you should be prepared to give (if you can)

I miss the glass bottles rattling in the crate but the biscuits are much better(club bars,crisps,small packets of biscuits)

I like the text message to say were your blood has gone it gives me a warm feeling

Roger