42 Triumph Parts

John Bonnett

This may be against the rules, and if so, my apologies and Mods please remove the post. However, some of the parts I've listed may be vital to someone's restoration so just a heads up.

Being Triumphless, I have had a workshop clear out and have listed 42 items on Ebay. This link will take you to one of the items and then just click on "See other items" for the others.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/122829950687?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

18 hours ago, steveweblin said:

I won the one John was selling for a bid of £7.50.

Sorry Steve, I've only just picked this up. Been a bit busy lickin'n'stickin. The arm and release bearing are on their way to you. I hope you'll be pleased but full refund if not. 

Kind regards

John

Although I have bought bits off e-bay in the past they have always been fixed price items, I "won" the 6 blade fan (sorry if any other bidders were on here) the whiskey, yes with an "e" bottle suffered due to the tension. :rolleyes: I can justify replacing the 4 blade fan on the 13/60 as it was a factory fitted item on export models. I could have bought a new one but both those offered by RB & JP looked too modern, a local French supplier still had stock of better quality and black ones, I balanced cost new plus delivery against John's fan plus delivery and the colour of the old one. Plus if I fitted a brand spanking new one it would have made the rest of the engine bay would look shabby. :(

No no no and again no!! Sniping is a dastardly act and not at all British. Wouldn't have had chaps like you in MY regiment!

You have to have the last minute excitement of watching the clock tick down and the price tick up, ready to jump in with a higher bid at any time. DO NOT do it whilst drinking alcohol or if using BT Broadband. (Some of the bids I made last week have just arrived at eBay)

I left work early some years ago to bid on a lovely little 1200 convertible, got home with five minutes to spare, then jammed the front door lock getting in.  I missed the end of the auction by three minutes and it sold for way less than I would have paid. The one that got away, eh.... but sniping never occurred to me. Isn't it really just the same as placing a maximum bid?

Sort of the same. With a big difference.

If you bid a tenner on a Monday, then another punter ups to £11. You bid £12, they bid £13.so you bung in your £50 max bid. The other punter increases their bid incrementally to say £25.05 (!) and pulls out. You pay £26.05

If you had sniped a £50 bid at the start, the other punter may well have stuck in the start bid and left it at that. You buy at £11.

What it does is avoid the bidding war thing and running up prices.....

Saying that, most stuff I buy is buy-it-now, largely for work.....

With sniping your bid is submitted 6 seconds prior to the close of the auction. Makes for a lot of excitement if there are a few snipers bidding, even better if you are the seller ?

My last snipe was a set of Vitesse doors , needing a lot of work for 99 pence 

Paul

Paul.

"Auctionsniper" has a lead in time of only three seconds, so right on the edge of closure.

You have to be pretty quick to counter bid within three seconds, but six seconds is very doable.

Regards.

Richard.

As for sniping, it means that you only bid what it is really worth to you and you don't get a chance to go far and above what you want or what the item is worth. I decide what an item is worth to me....tops, and snipe it, remembering to add the carriage costs. I have seen far to many items sell for stupid prices, some well in advance of 'buy it now' prices or even from the likes of Amaz*n.

If I get sniped My daughter's Freesat box died. I got on Fleabay and found a guy selling two, on different listings. He'd just bought TVs with inbuilt Freesat so separate identical devices surplus to requirements. I followed both.

The first, at  3 minute to go £16, I bid, out bided, bid again, lost it again, it went for £41.

The second, 10 seconds to go, £16, bid £41. Got for £18!

Big bid, the max you're prepared to pay, right at the end does it for me. If I get sniped I'm happy that I bid what I thought it was worth, I've seen loads of Fleabay stuff go for inflated prices because of panic re-bids.

Doug