Historic Car Tax

Anglefire

My Spitfire is just over 40years old so next year the tax will be free.

I know you have to get a form from the post office, but the Gov website says you have to take you MOT certificate - now I do have one - but not 100% sure where I put it because you never have to use it as everything is online - so what is the score practically?

My Post office, Thatcham, appears to have access to the DVLA database as they scan the renewal document you receive from DVLA to check your car's status for tax, MOT and insurance on a screen. The only documentation required is the renewal from DVLA. Not sure if that happens at every Post office.

Dave 

Im working on that one   Ha 

All mine are now done on line , but  first on line refused (pre historic)  and message take docs to PO or   VLO office 

That didnt work for them and a replacement was organised by the PO, the following years have been  easy onliners.

With very few VLO and more PO closing im pleased to use them when needed  until al outlets disappear and we have resort to take up knitting

Pete,

I just checked DVLA web site, thought so, the last VLO closed in 2013!

My Post Office has moved from shared premises with the Chemist to the shop next door. They now share with Booze Bargains. It's not working well as the original PO staff are no more and the BB staff know diddly squat, they can just about manage stamps.

I'd get the yarn and needles ready.

Doug