WHEELS - Something different ??

Whilst searching EBay on a totally different topic, I spotted these:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Alloy-wheels-fit-triumphs-etc/222737296919?hash=item33dc2d6e17:g:JnkAAOSwtTVZkfC5

I cannot read the centre cap (Cosmic ??) but makes a nice change to see a different type of wheel - by all accounts suitable for Triumphs albeit a couple of embellishers and centre caps are missing.

Thought it may be of interest.

Regards.

Richard. 

1 hour ago, classiclife said:

Whilst searching EBay on a totally different topic, I spotted these:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Alloy-wheels-fit-triumphs-etc/222737296919?hash=item33dc2d6e17:g:JnkAAOSwtTVZkfC5

I cannot read the centre cap (Cosmic ??) but makes a nice change to see a different type of wheel - by all accounts suitable for Triumphs albeit a couple of embellishers and centre caps are missing.

Thought it may be of interest.

Regards.

Richard. 

Despite the photo it says 1 available. They might find it difficult to find a buyer who already has three of them. 

Looks like 2 pairs of wheels, the centre bits are very different, one pair flat the other quite convex with recessed bolt holes. (The flat ones must be the front as the bolt holes look to have the taper seats to accept nuts) I think different is a fair description.

I had a set of the left hand type on the MK3 spit I bought back in 1991/2. Sold them when the tyre tread got down, and replaced them with a £25 set of cosmics! Eventually Dunlop lp923's were fitted (about a tenner each back then) which are simply the tastiest wheels on early spits and Heralds?Vitesse. Anybody who disagrees is WRONG!

Hello Clive.

Yes I see what you mean, I did not notice at first that 2x of the wheels (RH side) have the ribs fully integrated with the convex centre, Whereas the other 2x (LH side) are not so pronounced and still require what appears to be a centre cone or whatever is missing - I presume something is missing as the centre is slightly recessed giving the impression something sits there.

Odd that 2x almost identical wheels have such a discrepancy compared to the other 2x.

Any idea of the brand name ??

Shaun / Mark - it appears that all 4x wheels are for sale with tyres but 2x of the tyres need replacing; but realistically probably all four. Not my cup of tea either, Mark.

Regards.

Richard.

Two for the front and two for the rear? It may be that either the fronts, or the rears, require the centre to protrude further to clear the hub / grease cap or whatever. When I bought my GT6 Mk3 the owner advised me to keep the aftermarket alloy wheels in order as they were, as two had to be machined from the inside to permit clearance on the car.