New to the forum

Hi all. What a way to introduce yourself. It must be an age thing but the Hi introduction usally gets the Low responce from me and the look of complete lack of understanding from the speaker. I have been a member of the TSCC for five years now and attend the Essex Area meetings but have never used the club forum before  I own a 1977 1500 Spitfire in Russet Brown which I purchased from  Mark Smith the East Berks A.O. We that is Falcon Royce the good lady wife and myself instantly re-named the car from the name Mark called it which was Bob to Winnie the Pooh well it is Russet Brown. If Mark gets to read this yes Pooh is well. I do own other Triumph Spitfires but they were purchased later and for a company I am still trying to put togeather. Some of you will have noticed a connection with the pseudonym names that my wife and I use which is because with both have strong connections with Aviation. Well thats all from me for now Happy Motoring.

Hi GR,

I was at the East Berks meeting when you dropped in to talk to Mark. Did you fit those enormous tyres to the Spitfire? You were going to flair the wheel arches as I recall. Another of our members has power steering on his Spitfire, a good idea with fat tyres.

Doug

3 hours ago, dougbgt6 said:

I had just driven 400 miles back from Scotland and found only two small bottles of Peroni in the fridge.:( So lack off!

I'm not looking forward to replenishing stocks, Waitrose will be heaving.

Doug

It could have been worse, they could have been empty.

In my house, anything edible or drinkable disappears almost immediately - I call it 'hoovering'.

Nothing worse than coming home from a late nights work expecting to find a little bottle in the fridge, only to find it long gone. People have been murdered for less.

On 12/20/2017 at 10:42 PM, dougbgt6 said:

Shaun,

There's a thread on here "Power steering on a Spitfire. Is it possible?" It was around January 2016, pictures and everything.

Doug

Cheers Doug. I'll try and find it. 

Edit... For anyone else who's interested.... http://forum.tssc.org.uk/topic/1188-power-steering-on-a-spitfire-is-it-possible/?tab=comments#comment-9775

D'oh. I just found the link above in this thread.  

17 hours ago, dougbgt6 said:

Colin, A garage fridge should sort it out!

Doug

My thoughts exactly Doug - and in consequence, the old garage roofspace has been cleared, refloored, fully insulated and soundproofed (4 inch Xtratherm insulation) plastered, painted and just awaiting carpet and skirtingboards. I've already moved a large settee into it (had to enlarge the access hatch then reclose after!), I've added additional sockets for the record player and tape deck plus two huge sets of speakers. You can't hear it at all in the house (nor in the neighbours either....!) All I need now is to search Gumtree for an old fridge and hey presto, instant mancave.

The only mistake I've made is using a permanent staircase, and not a retractable ladder.... but I WILL padlock the fridge.

DSCF5160.jpg.ddf4e9fe16dc8814b6f48f02715c774d.jpg