Classic classic car garage !

Tricky

There a couple of cars in the garages on our street - but not many. A few have been converted into extra rooms.

My garage is a funny shape as we are in the end of a cul de sac - so I do have a work bench on the one side but it then narrows - it is quite long for a single - so have cupboards at the far end. 

But I also have 8 tyres (use winters, so summer tyres currently stored - and my engine is on a stand in there along with the crane and a load of other junk. I won't take a picture as its embarrassing :rolleyes:

14 hours ago, Anglefire said:

Double garage is luxury. I’ve only got a single and can’t work on the car when it’s in it cos it’s both too small and full of other crap !

Yes we’re really lucky with a big double under the house. I need to get a hoist put in now that I’ve seen Roger’s !

17 hours ago, KevinR said:

Only got 96m2 of garage - should have been 100m2 but I had to sacrifice 4m2 for a utility room :o

'Only'. 

The average UK home - including older and new-build properties is 85 sq m and has 5.2 rooms - with an average area of 16.3 sq m per room.

In comparison the average new home in the UK is 76 sq ms and has 4.8 rooms with an average area of 15.8 sq m per room.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14916580

16 hours ago, dougbgt6 said:

Mother has a 5 bedroom bungalow in Scotland in half an acre, worth half my shoe box down here. It has an ENORMOUS double garage and work shop, what am I doing down here?

Doug

if i didn't have to work...... i'm planning something similar for a few years from now!

19 minutes ago, Badwolf said:

Currently working in a 4 car garage, with store rooms at the end but still no space??

A well known syndrome from which we also suffer - the more space you have in the house, the more “useful” things you find to fill it with !

We all know that cars expand to fit the available space + 1, so if you've room for four you'll end up with five... :)

I started off with plans for a modest lean-to, had to revamp after the neighbour objected, ended up with a smooth-talking architect and an even smoother-talking builder who tried to talk me into a 50 foot garage - which I refused and eventually agreed on 35 feet - so all three cars are nicely in place and all the spares in the roofspace, not on the floor as the photo shows! 

THEN I went and installed a car lift and lost a lot of available floorspace so the cars are all crammed in again.

DSCF4656.jpg.f7674eb8ea03dd8bc12995cf17a97cf8.jpg