after 50 years I need restoration

Pete Lewis

well  in febraury Ive been married for 50 years you can see from the photos its a bit like a OLD CLASSIC 

there's need of retsoration from this in 1968  ( with the worrries of a really rotten 948  1959  Herald

pete and jill 1968.pdf

to this in 2018 with a 2000  with a heavy gearbox   !!!    

somethings gone wrong .......

Pete

WIN_20180111_15_12_43_Pro.jpg

keep smiling guys , it could happen to you 

Pete

Coming up on 27 years... she's seriously miffed that I've managed early retirement and she's got another 17 years to go... she'll arrive in from work and start on what she needs for the horse - "the blacksmith is £160.. the feed is £300... there's another event and entry is £70... and you've spent a whole £35 on your old cars?????? You'll have to stop wasting money like that...."

Pills! when I go to the pharmacy for my monthly supply I need a large shopping bag to put them all in :rolleyes:

The one I take most of is a pain killer - Paracetamol + caffeine + opium. That gets me functioning in the morning, keeps me running during the day and to slow me down at the end of the evening a good glass of "anti freeze" from Cuba <_<

2 hours ago, Pete Lewis said:

cometh the year  roger ,, its just round the corner, pills for pee, pills for sugar,pills pills!!    more pills,, 

and got man flu this morning .....more     lots more PILLS 

pete

Hello Pete

MAN FLU that is really serious

I could be that ALL my internal organs are pickled from the large amount of Vino I drink(I get it shipped direct from Spain or Italy these days) not in bulk! still in bottles but usually order at least 24 at a time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HIC

But I do not start drinking until its 5 o clock(somewhere!) not really more like 8 o clock(no not in the morning) not a fan of 24 hour time! its a bit like an analogue  watch its either just past the hour or 1/4 hour or coming up to 25 past etc! I do not need to know it is 13.11.55secs!

Roger

Spitfire 2.jpg

There are a significant number from our wedding breakfast that could no longer attend...........

I was at RIAT when the Vulcan took to the skys for its last show year (2015) - but still able to stand in the field behind the runway and under the flight path (Better pictures in flight) 

1DX_1713%20EOS-1D%20X.jpg

Also noticed that I have a view of the underside of a Spitfire too from the same event.

1DX_1650%20EOS-1D%20X.jpg

well the impressive and thatch have long gone, its whats  left , hence a resto jobby is needed the subframe is all original!!!

the plumbings getting on a bit , and the lights on but knowones in.

just collected some new fandango glasses its like ive been converted to HD vision, cost more than my first new car 

and frames are Porshe  so i can drive faster now 

the lense is mapped over a hunddred times not the usual 6 or so , theres some exceptional clarity in colours and outlines are 

super crisp, 

Pete

Hi Aiden

They are Rodenstock  impression freestyle 3 lenses, like anything new theres a bit of getting familiar with there workings 

But its so clear, definition is really amazing......so  is the cost    great side vision, no distortions on the periphery 

They use a right fancy gadget to check your vision over and above the results from the optician, this is expected to replace the traditional way to get a prescription,   theres a air ballon lots of focusing and bright red floodlights ,  even the heavy glasses with pop in lenses is all 

Hi tech look through the keyhole technology the kit does it all for them  lots of click click whirr.

The balloon viewer maps the lense for over 100 datums  to be far more accurate,

normal is only a few like only 6 points

Well so they say 

Pete

1 hour ago, Pete Lewis said:

Hi Aiden

They are Rodenstock  impression freestyle 3 lenses, like anything new theres a bit of getting familiar with there workings 

But its so clear, definition is really amazing......so  is the cost    great side vision, no distortions on the periphery 

They use a right fancy gadget to check your vision over and above the results from the optician, this is expected to replace the traditional way to get a prescription,   theres a air ballon lots of focusing and bright red floodlights ,  even the heavy glasses with pop in lenses is all 

Hi tech look through the keyhole technology the kit does it all for them  lots of click click whirr.

The balloon viewer maps the lense for over 100 datums  to be far more accurate,

normal is only a few like only 6 points

Well so they say 

Pete

Is this a particular opticians you had to go to for these?  Sound great!

Aidan 

We have a top optician (cant spell the  correct term) as a local club member , he happens to work at an Alders branch and they

happen to be bedforshire located  chain.

Rodenstock have a lot of info if googled but didnt find retailers , but that  tablet limitatioms  for you 

Pete