Views on various suppliers

Tricky

Gday all.

Just wanted to get some feedback on various suppliers I’m looking at for parts etc.

Comments on any or all of these would be great.

Woollies for rubber trim etc

Vintage chrome company in Carlisle for rechroming stuff. 

Jigsaw Racing for suspension and brakes

Superflex for polyprop bushes etc

Park Lane Classics for seats and interior trim (Owen there is being very slow at responding to me)

Any help much appreciated.

Richard

Richard, 

Can offer my strongest recommendation for Mark Field at Jigsaw.  They may be slightly more expensive but if Mark uses those pieces that is good enough for me and he was a ready fount of knowledge and support when I hit the odd snag rebuilding my GT6, with rapid responses to EMails. 

Dick

5 minutes ago, Dick Twitchen said:

Richard, 

Can offer my strongest recommendation for Mark Field at Jigsaw.  They may be slightly more expensive but if Mark uses those pieces that is good enough for me and he was a ready fount of knowledge and support when I hit the odd snag rebuilding my GT6, with rapid responses to EMails. 

Dick

Thanks Dick. He comes across as very knowledgable. Have you used his cv conversion kit ?

I've heard nothing but good reports of Woolies, Jigsaw and Park Lane; I've no experience of Vintage Chroming.

Superflex are very popular, I've used both red and blue bushes for various jobs such as diff mounts or radius arms but not for suspension wishbones; I went for a different manufacturer there just for personal choice.

Owen at Park Lane was quite ill last year and was catching up with orders through last Autumn / early Winter. Best to phone him - I seem to recall on the couple of occasions I've bought from him (excellent quality both times) he was much more responsive by phone.

Gully

1 hour ago, Gully said:

Owen at Park Lane was quite ill last year and was catching up with orders through last Autumn / early Winter. Best to phone him - I seem to recall on the couple of occasions I've bought from him (excellent quality both times) he was much more responsive by phone.

Gully

Thanks Gully.  He was great on a call before Christmas and we had plans for him to do a load of stuff.  He never followed it up by email as he promised however, and hasn’t been returning calls recently. Frustrating. 

Mark at jigsaw gave my car the once over before I bought it. Very knowledgable and I spent a fair penny with him, including the cv upgrade. I don’t think he’s exactly cheap and the cv upgrades are also stocked by the club shop now.

most of my interior was from Owen, top grade stuff but yes communication can be difficult. Don’t be afraid to ask for other bits not on his site as he made me a set of rear wheel arch trims.

cheers 

• 2 months later...

Just want to resurrect a slightly mouldy thread, to thank Canleys for getting parts to me in less than 24 hours. It wasn't anything dreadfully urgent, but it means I get things on the road a day earlier than expected. 

In comparison, this eBay dealer didn't get my custom, given that the part - a standard cylindrical flasher unit - was £14.01, but postage was £31.31, and I wouldn't have received it until next Monday. Part of that price must have been the hotel room for the postman.

relay.jpg.a9a7c8dc5bc411955643b30e2f8e1ff9.jpg