Bond Equipe GT - help with valuation to sell on - project -

esteban

Hello 

My grandfather passed away a few years ago and I have inherited his car. Although I have very fond memories of the car and I'd love to keep it, it's not possible. It's currently garaged at my grandparents house. It hasn't move in a over a year. Last time I moved it to see how it ran, it was a little lumpy however did drive ok.

My grandfather had this car for well over 30 + years and was always modifying it and working on it. The engine I believe is a spitfire engine. It's had the head modified to be able to be used with unleaded. He did quite a lot of mods inside and hot and the shed is full of spare parts.

It could be an interesting project for someone.

The problem I have is knowing the value of this and the best way to sell it. Ebay can be a strange place to sell things...

Thanks

Here are a couple of pictures from the last time I took it out - see attached

post-745-0-92184700-1421666035_thumb.jpg

post-745-0-20906100-1421666042_thumb.jpg

Agree with scrapman. What you have there is the rarest variant and rare. Where are you ? Would be keen to have a look but not to buy !

OK thanks

I'll message Guy.

The car is in Coventry however I live on the south coast. I come up every now and again

Yes I owned this car in the early 1980s in Charlton Kings in Cheltenham. I bought two body shells and one chassis for £10. I then came across a 2 litre vitesse for another tenner and put the vitesse engine and gearbox in the Bond. I should have changed the diff over as well as top speed was only 65mph at screamingly high revs.....

I passed the car on to a friend and he finally moved it on to pastures new in either Cheltenham or Exeter.

http://www.mothy.co.uk/images/small/lib/bondequipe.jpg

Thanks

Roly

Ah ok

I'll have to see what records I have (I guess it's be on the DVLA docs). I'm nearly 40 and I was always driven around in this car by my Grandad. I know he done loads of mods to it. It's not very original inside with lots of wire and extra dials. As I said, new engine from spitfire so probably new gearbox and many many mods. He was always working in it.

Chris

Thanks for your email - I will respond on that, just a note for other members I don't get much time to look at the forum so best to email me directly.

It's great to see the pictures of the car, it is a 2+2 I did not have on my Bond Equipe Register so very good to add another, it is surprising the way cars do still turn up.

Guy