GT6 Mk3 - new roof section

kevin

Hi

Last job in the body restoration is to repair the roof front area with a repair panel I got from Chic Doig. Having removed the rusted roof section I find part of the windscreen frame has also rusted away.

I don't think the windscreen frame is available any more let alone a repair panel unless anybody can tell me different?

Does anybody have a old/new windscreen frame available or know of any other frame that could be adapted to fit?

If not is a complicated fabrication job!

Kevin

Spoke to TD Fithett and they say a mk4 spitfire can be made to fit, apparently the top lip faces in instead of out, so thats do able. They are available and indeed Dave has one but I am wondering if anybody has a GT6 one tucked away anywhere?

2 hours ago, kevin said:

Hi

Last job in the body restoration is to repair the roof front area with a repair panel I got from Chic Doig. Having removed the rusted roof section I find part of the windscreen frame has also rusted away.

I don't think the windscreen frame is available any more let alone a repair panel unless anybody can tell me different?

Does anybody have a old/new windscreen frame available or know of any other frame that could be adapted to fit?

If not is a complicated fabrication job!

Kevin

Chic Doig claims to be able to manufacture any repair section, I'd try him for the offending bit. Last time I called in with him I was impressed with the bits they were manufacturing in-shop, so it's worth a try.