Steering wheel

dougbgt6

• 2 weeks later...

Mine came today.................

Except it didn't. :angry:

Got the Boss, got a bag of bits, including the chrome ring - but no wheel.

Phoned them up and they have one extra in stock. Well I never! :huh:

You would have thought the packer would know that a steering wheel is generally in a bag larger than 6" square! :wacko:

• Haha 1

On 02/02/2018 at 10:11 AM, Pete Lewis said:

heres  15"springalex on the 2000 and club mountney leather 14"   on the Vit6   

P1000248.JPG

Vit6 2009 001.jpg

Love the Vitesse seats. What are they?. I have got a couple of MX ones which I am considering?.

Hi,

A proper car steering wheel with no wood it sight.

I think the only wood on my car might be at the front bottom of the engine under the outer edge of the sump.

Cheers,

Iain.

Edit: Stalks on the correct side as well.

CarSteeringWheel.png

Edited by spitfire6
see edit.

Actually, I like the indicator stark on the left - means you can indicate and change gear at the same time - my first Beetle was the same and one or two other cars too from memory. Though the Beetle also had a foot operated dip switch which was a pain when changing gear!

Mark,

Yes! A lot of people "excused indicators" these days! :lol:

Indicator stalk left or right doesn't bother me either. There was a guy on here a while back went to a lot of trouble to changed it over, cancelling mechanism and everything. He was thwarted because the stalk, once moved, had the decal up side down. :lol:

What did unsettle me returning to the Triumph were the brakes, but I replaced the servo and it became much more like a modern.

Doug

10 hours ago, Anglefire said:

Oh I’ve not worried about it - but on the right for a right hand drive cars makes sense. 

A lot of Japanese cars are the same. 

Useless Information.:P But the simple reason is that the Japanese also drive on the Right, as we do.:rolleyes:

• Haha 1

I dont recall we reversed the stalks when we exported to lhd countries

And most lhd countries manufactures  dont revesre stalks on their exported rhd to us 

This started with coach and horses with what side is the whip  just now you have to use it  left handed !!!!

Pete  

Actually Pete, the first vw beetle (1967) I had was on the “correct” right side for the uk and the left side for the Eu. But my 1971 beetle was on the left side as they are now. 

59 minutes ago, PeteH said:

Useless Information.:P But the simple reason is that the Japanese also drive on the Right, as we do.:rolleyes:

Well that is true of most things I say ?

no i would have long since run him over , the old minx had a talbot head and manifolds,  commer carb, pulled 7k for a long stroke side valve  twin   2" copper exhaust

and took on PA cretsa's with a vengence

but did regular crownwheel bolt shearing or tearin the end off the half shafts at the traffic lights    , ooopps!  w heels  gone again 

it was bright red sprayed by the airport fire station ... happy days     

the guy over the road to my  girlfriend used to shout out his bedroom window , do you have to make so much  $%^&&*  noise...........somethings never change

Pete

• Thanks 1