Horn Push assistance - Vitesse

Paul H

Hi currently upgrading my Vitesse to modern fuse box and sorting PO wiring - Main beam flasher doesnt work and on checking column light switch a cable is missing. Also trying to work out why dipped & main beam work independently to the ignition - I thought the ignition needed to be on before operating dipped & main beams 

Whilst getting access to the wiring I thought Id try to sort the horn push and try to get it to work as the horn is currently is a separate horn push on the dashboard .

The steering wheel is a Springalex boss with a 14" steering wheel . I have a live feed to the horn ring on the steering column but pretty sure the boss doesnt make contact with the horn ring - Am I missing another connecting spring set up that sits on the horn ring and connects to the Springalex boss ?

Any help appreciated 

Paul 

steering-boss.jpg.e067000ebb015732950886c87b86ad50.jpgsteering-wheel.thumb.jpg.20d775c06e2ea88478040c7915d6fa34.jpg

odd i put a clue up last night and its disappeared

you need to add a short wire from the push centre terminal and either solder it on the end of the pencil or add a peice of self adhesive strip to the push solder wire  to that and the pencil contacts this strip

self adhesive copper strips from maplins ebay or  gardening slug protection.

there are two pecil brush lengths available if you dont have one , measure first then order .

Pete

Thanks for the sprung pencil info, all makes sense now - I made one up and pretty sure it will be ok -  Once the pencil is in place, and spring pressure set  I will glue the tube into the boss . 

horn-pencil.thumb.jpg.f93bb1431a3b58ab13d22b82f993d1cf.jpg

Thanks for all your help. 

Paul