GT6 Distributor Replacement

Stewart Vacher

Hi Guys,

I'm looking for some advice on replacing the worn distributor on my GT6 Mk3 with a new/refurbished electronic one.

I have seen a couple of option on ebay that come with the cable tachometer drive I need. These have either a Powespark or Accuspark electronic ignition. Does anyone have any experience with these system?

I have also considered he option of having my original distributor refurbished through the club shop, but this has both time and cost drawbacks. 

Any advice would greatly appreciated.

Stewart

horses for courses  ,  not used either, only aldon and lumention,  ( think club shop source via H & H )

many on here have , my guess is accuspark is more favoured,  

there were reports of some low end units not having the trigger magnets equally spaced but  no clues to uphold or disclaim  that idea .

pete

37 minutes ago, Pete Lewis said:

rmy guess is accuspark is more favoured,  

That's because Accuspark £30, Aldon £120.

I have Aldon it works very well, they were very good supplying me a spare part when I broke the original. Many in our area have Accuspark, no complaints.

Doug

I have a proper Accuspark electronic dizzy & coil for the Alpine and have converted the Vitesse dizzy to electronic using the Simonbbc conversion + Lucas Sports Coil.

Have to say that at the moment and with a few years plus many K of miles behind the cars the upgrades are functioning without any issues - long may that continue. 

As Pete and Doug state, horses for courses and no complaints.

Regards.

Richard.

My only concern is are the new ones supplied with the correct advance curves? do they list different for MK1,2 early and late MK3???

If not it could be a close average curve. If you have yours rebuilt by H+H it will be correctly calibrated, I believe they do each one individually.