Gt6 window regulator skipping

Danwedges

My driver side window feels as though it's missing a tooth as it skips when winding down and gets really tight after half way

I have a spare door from a spitfire with a working regulator so my question is are they interchangeable or is there a way I can transplant the working winder mechanism into my gt6 regulator?

Did it always do this, or has it just started?

Check that the mechanism isn't fouling a too-long bolt or fastener inside the door; also check that it isn't jumping out of the runner about half way down. Mine used to do that, it would wind down at a slight angle but as the depth increased the glass started to push against the runner thereby getting progressively harder. I had to shim the runner channel out at the bottom to match the angle of the glass as it dropped.

It's done it the whole time I've owned it  but I think it's defiantly missing a tooth by the way the winder skips round I think I'll have to disassemble both doors and check  the regulators against each other then I should be able to check alignment of everything when I put it back together 

There's a hole along the slider on a TD5 that if things go wrong and the plastic blanking plug falls out, the round runner falls into it with an enormous bang every time you lower the window. First time it happened to me I thought I'd been shot at. 

Anyway I've no room for sticky plasters, just been removing tiles in a bathroom and am full of holes. Every finger and most of the hand itself has a plaster somewhere. Anyone need their window adjusted while I'm here?