Cv conversion vitesse rotoflex

Joe c

Hello has any body done there own cv conversion,

looked at rimmers cv kit but used existing wheel bearings

then I seen one josh bowers using mgf hubs and bearing

Which get rid of rotoflex doughnuts and triumph simple rear wheel bearings,

has any body done this with success or is there any other solution out there

Hello Joe.

I have only completed the conversion recently and not road tested yet, as I am sorting a few other jobs out whilst the car is up in the air. That said it is all fitted and ready to go, along with the overhauled diff.

Decided to go via the Nick Jones CV conversion route, which is a tried and tested switch over.

The benefit of this conversion is it eliminates the necessity for "shimming" which is often a time consuming bug bear task. The net result is nothing more complicated than bolting it all together and torqueing the relevant sections.

If you search via the TSSC and Club Triumph Forums you will get plenty of information; especially via CT. The parts are all purchased separately and then it is a straight forward case of adapting to create the CV set-up.

Regards.

Richard.

Yes that's it.

The driveshaft needs to be from the nearside and NOT offside, due to length difference.

I got Paul of Tony Redshaw Vintage Diesels in Daventry to machine my hubs as he has done them previously for other Triumph club members and knows what is required for the NJ Conversion; have to say his machining is spot-on.

Regards.

Richard.