Removable stearing wheel Boss Spitfire

Blitz

Hi all

New member with a quick question please. 

For security reasons I would like to fit a quick release stearing wheel to my Spitfire Mark 1. Does anyone know a manufacturer who does the Boss for my car ? Rather avoid ebay offerings if possible for safety reasons ie I'd like the wheel to stay on whilst driving :rolleyes:

Thanks

Grant 

something like this? needs a suitable wheel of course, and be aware all these removable bosses make the wheel closer to the driver, which is always a consideration.

https://www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk/p/steering-wheel-quick-release-system-bg4921?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=ShoppingUK&utm_campaign=ShoppingUK&vat=on&currency=GBP&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIwqals6W52QIVyIeyCh2LNQpxEAQYAyABEgJWcvD_BwE

No idea re quality, but rather more hopeful coming from a proper supplier.

Have a search about, there are quite a few types, many need welding to the column, only some are bolt on.

you may be better off asking on retro rides where the yoof are really into removable wheels....

• Thanks 1

Just for info

i contacted Merlin and you also require a model specific boss first then you attach this QR to that. Pushes the wheel forward about 4in. Will have to see if that’s doable with my long arms otherwise it’s a no no.