Drip tray/ under tray.

DerekS

Yes I bought a big square planter tray from Dobbies Garden Centre which I found to be better since it doesn’t have to be too accurately centred under the car to catch the assorted drips !

Interestingly, I found that Machine Mart parts cleaner fluid is excellent for cleaning these drip trays out occasionally.  Think it’s just mainly a very strong detergent, which is ideal.  Left the drip tray completely oil-free. 

Don't tell me: the oil came out of the engine faster than it could drain into the container, and it all overflowed? Happened to me too.... I have one of the frying-pan versions that works if you keep an eye on it.... but you always get that annoying really thin trickle at the end that the wind catches and blows everywhere. (I can just hear the incontinence jokes flooding in.. or is that out? :) )

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I have an old oven baking tray I use when changing oil, to catch any spray,  with an old plastic 5 litre distilled water container with a side cut out on top. It works fine and cost nothing. Looks like dougbgt6's device but as the oil falls directly into the container no overflow problem, well not unless there is more then 5 litres of oil to come out. :wacko: