GT6 up on a chimney

Barry Kemp

Does anyone remember there being a GT6  on  top of an old industrial chimney at one of the London train stations in the late 70's?

This came up in a conversation a few days ago and it triggered an old memory of mine - as far as I recall it was there for quite a long time, I think probably Clapham Junction.

I also remember a girl crawling through a cat flap at a party ... I loved the 70's!

17 hours ago, Barry Kemp said:

I also remember a girl crawling through a cat flap at a party ... I loved the 70's!

If you can remember it, you weren't there.... :) I think I stopped and looked around in 1977, trying to work out what to do with my hair now that the early 70s were over, but not too sure...

The pink GT6 is in the background of this photo, but no idea if it's still there on not. This one's not on a chimney, just a container.

GT6.jpg.9bbcf3b4d2913dc7366f7772e5f76650.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/03/2018 at 11:57 AM, Barry Kemp said:

Thanks Paul, I'm sure it was a GT6 as I'd like to think this is what got me hooked!

I'd love to find a photo of it.

Also I'd love to find the girl who went through the cat flap..I seem to remember her name was Janet....but maybe this is for another forum!!

Hi.

Just found a picture of the car you are looking for: The Courier, no. 274, April 2003, pages 60 & 61.

regards,

Paul G.

Courier 274, April 2003.JPG