My birthday!

dougbgt6

My birthday! Had a party Saturday, was going to be at the Lands End pub, but they backed out when the heard The Triumph club were coming, they assumed a motor cycle gang and suddenly couldn't do it. Their loss, we went to La Fontana, an Italian restaurant who were disappointed to find we WERN'T a motor cycle gang, I think they were hoping to form an alliance.:o

22 people attended, very good food and a splendid Mimosa GT6 cake. It really did look the part, but by the time I got my camera out the grandchildren had reduced it to looking like a VW beetle. Didn't matter it tasted fantastic, youngest grandson tasted cake and icing for the first time, the look on his face said "Why haven't you given me this before!" :angry: He and eldest grandson were both sick once home, this apparently my fault, mimosa icing and E numbers, apparently.

East Berks meeting tonight, my actual birthday, bought drinks, highest attendance for months, :( all on the look out for more cake!

Doug

On 3/15/2018 at 10:35 AM, dougbgt6 said:

My birthday cake, looking a bit more beetle than GT6 after the grandchildren's attention. Sadly only the wheels remain. How do you dye icing black? Squid ink!  :o

Doug

I'm not going to hi-jack Doug's birthday thread - that would be too much like blowing his candles out - but things could be worse; at my retirement function they made a cake and put ME on it.

I've kept the figure... it seemed too much like either murder or cannibalism to eat myself.....

DSC_0017.jpg.4af0fdff21bfdf88a7d356e6d8f2607f.jpg