Spitfire 1500 & GT6 III Rear lights.

SpitFire6

Hi,

reference to the above subject.

Where can I buy the ten? screws, that hold the three part lens in place? I have never been able to source them.

Also, Is it possible to buy clear indicator lens or get them re-manufactured in clear like the reversing lens?

Cheers,

Iain.

31 minutes ago, thescrapman said:

I wouldjustbuy some old lights and raid the screws from them.

Hi,

I have just bought 5 sets of EBay to go with the other 6 units I have around the house. Two units are hidden in the Peugeot and another three units at the back of the pantry. So no, I'm not buying any more.. How can i sell the units if they have no screws?

Iain.

• 2 weeks later...

They're probably not unique to those lights; take one if you have them and try your local hardware store to see what match they may have. If you can, take a photograph and post it here - the gurus can then advise as to the thread, pitch and size required and suggest a possible source.

Holden may have them, they certainly sell similar light units (and may have clear versions) so may be worth a phone call:

https://www.holden.co.uk/displayProducts.asp?sg=1&pgCode=010&sgName=Electrical&pgName=Lighting&agCode=0042&agName=Rear+Lamps

As to selling lights with no screws.... look for a post that says: I've got ten screws from rear light units, where can I find the plastic lens that goes round them... :)

Hi all.

Many thanks.

Found and ordered 28 of these:

Screw lens  #518147  From JP. One of the big companies wanted nearly 50 pence each..

They don't look the same, but, if they fit happy days and cheap enough.

Holden have responded to my request for a "L" number, I have given them RTC1176/7 numbers.

Had thought of sending some of the rear light units to Africa, as they seem to collect water when fully sealed yet retain it forever.

Cheers all,

Iain.

PS. I will post pictures of OEM and new when received.

• Like 1

Hi,

Here is a picture of the OEM screw.

A drop into some phosphoric acid and it will be like new..

Gauge says 11.70mm.

Notice the slots along the shaft? Important?

Intrested to see what the replacements look like as ordered a lot of them!

Cheers,

Iain.

IMG_0737.JPG

Hi,

One of the screws is longer, as shown in the picture.

Measurement is from end to end. Plastic shows what happens if you fit it in one of the wrong six holes.

Actual length made me laugh as the lights must have been for a 1500 Spitfire and not a GT6 III.

Cheers,

Iain.

IMG_0741.JPG

Ohh dear,

The rear lens gasket is too small? Hard to see on the picture as this light unit had black silicone around the peripheral.

How is this supposed to fit and prevent ingress of water? Do I need to stretch it and hold it tight while using some silicone glue?

Cheers,

Iain.

JP_rear_Gasket.JPG