Dashboard Heater Switch VitesseMk2

Paul H

Refitting the Nisan heater motor to my Vitesse Mk2 - This included adding a relay. Easiest way was to rewire and removed the switch as it was intermittent with the previous Smith's fan . I found the reason when checking the switch as it was very lazy . When using the switch there was a delayed click and using a test bulb the switch didnt work 80% of the time - Checked on Fleabay and they were expensive £12 plus for a new one . The Switch is sealed so no way of repairing so sprayed it with Carb Cleaner . Hey Presto the switch movement is now 100 % positive with no delayed click and the switch now works - Hopefully it will last another 50 years . 

heater-switch.thumb.jpg.7b49c302566f950cbc81e6560e40a014.jpg

Another use for Carb Cleaner 

Paul 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Pete Lewis said:

A squirt of oil will keep it lubed,

If it fails again I have a box full of those switches and their various options

A lot cheaper !!!

Pete

Thanks Pete , I found a spare heater switch and that didnt work either so gave it the carb cleaner treatment and its now working though will add a squirt of 3 in 1 

Paul 

Ok Dave...here's a tip - start one! It worked for me with the Parts Wanted' section. 

One query, though - how would you sort it, so that someone looking for a tip on a particular area ie electrical, or suspension, would know where to look?

It is feasible that every section should have a 'sticky' thread at the top for relevant tips or tricks? Any thoughts?