TWIDDLE DAY 2

Pete Lewis

I second gauges obviously. Like Adrian I find electrics confusing too. Where to pick up the ignition live from etc and how the fuses work on these old Girls. 

Thinking of some led running lights eventually so again it’s ignition live pick up. 

Grant,

Don't want to give you nightmares, but some bits don't have fuses! All the current for the headlights goes, unfused, through the dashboard switch. A good upgrade is to convert the headlights to work through relays and fuses.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/H4-Headlight-Headlamp-Light-Bulb-Relay-Wiring-Harness-Socket-Plug-Wire-Kit/192284936495?epid=2194744936&hash=item2cc513492f:g:lIQAAOSwdqRalO26

I think we talked last time about the strange fuse box and it's short comings, also worth replacing with something more reliable. 

Doug

Thanks Doug. TBH nothing going to surprise me it’s 1964. Having an understanding of the basics will be a real help for a novice like me. I have only ever fitted a relay once so I understand the principle but in practice I’m easily con:blink:fused. 

Grant 

We can discuss gauges but wont be fitting any on the day , we aim at twiddling the bits that keep you going rather than deep involved small projects which can turn into a nightmare and take all day to finish

Aim is to cover a little bit about a lot  not a lot about very little hence the title   twiddle day 

Lets discuss these options and what gauges can tell you ..or not

Pete and Ray

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This is getting closer  just a week too go

See you at HQ on the 20th  May   starts around  10 .30 ish

See  May Courier  page 7

Its  a free  day of advice part from a burger sausage  snacks etc which Bern will be doing for lunch  at £3.50

Pete

its getting close and ive managed to get a  re- dose of the bug many had around xmas, so i might have to lay down with  a bag over me head 

now have a week of blood tests and the bloodshot eyes are not from keyhole loitering  or alcohol 

weathers looks sunny for the day so let see how we get on  with this year 's   twiddling

see you there   Pete and Ray..............thats another fine mess you've got me into ???

keep this quite but Doug might not make it .  not his but there's a clash with a wedding 

Dougs been a great contender with witty banter he will be missed on the day 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Pete Lewis said:

keyhole loitering 

I'll write that one down!  :lol:

I intend to be there, it's the day after the wedding so I don't know what sort of state I'll be in. My brother wants me to buy a metal brake switch from the club shop so I have to attend. He's a tight wad, but will grit his teeth and pay £11, however £6.95 postage is a bit steep. The shop charges £6.95 for items weighing up to 1kg, the switch weighs 0.1kg so he could buy 10 for the same postage! I encourage you all to buy one while your there.

I think the shop did rather well last time, I bought a polyurethane gear box tunnel, Gully and several others bought bonnet struts.  Although The tunnel wasn't in stock Angie gave me the price from the old catalogue and free postage. This time I'm drawn to the Aluminium radiator cowl to replace my sagging cardboard one. Maybe even the side panels. And possibly the bonnet struts? I would be better off paying my brother's postage and not coming, but Pete's will be in his new red jump suit, he says it's a bit tight. Oo 'er Mrs, can't miss that!

But seriously, if Pete's not well, couldn't it be postponed a week? 

Doug

Good we need you there to keep the karma up

Im going to donate the  very red jump suit to the pub raffle,  if I got in it and coughed something will get snagged

Im lying low  keeping topped up and lazy days to recover

I intend to be there ,  its been planned for too long to shift it at the last minute

I blame the russians 

Pete