Heritage Oil

Paul H

2 hours ago, Guppy916 said:

Penrite Classic 20w-50 API SG/CD

Are you sure it's SG/CD ??

I was under the impression that particular oil is rated SL/CF which makes it even better and falls in at the top-end of oils for classic cars between the 50's & 80's.

Ideally the API pitch for vehicles during the above decades range from SG (min) to SL (max).

Your Zinc content is 1080 - so you are home & dry.

Regards.

Richard.

1 hour ago, Guppy916 said:

I just made sure

Me too and interesting !!

I do not know how long you have had that oil / oil container or where you purchase your oil from or who supplies it, but what you have there is really old stock.

On behalf of one of my other classic vehicle clubs, I buy in various oils etc for the benefit of classic vehicle enthusiasts - so I do tend to be up on my oil specs.

The attached photos show the current Penrite Classic 20W/50 - it is an oil I stock for the club.

You can see that the current spec shown (jpeg391) is as I suggested SL/CF, additionally your container shows High Zinc which was superseded by Penrite some time ago and they have upgraded the oil to Full Zinc.  

At the end of the day you are using Penrite oil which is excellent so you should have no concerns, but their Classic 20W/50 is now a lot better compared to the spec you have flagged. As such your current Zinc level with that oil is between 800 & 900 - decent enough.

Out of interest and I hope you do not mind me asking, but how much did your oil cost - if you can recall ??

Regards.

Richard.

DSC00389.JPG

DSC00390.JPG

DSC00391.JPG

DSC00393.JPG

DSC00394.JPG

HI Rich, just been checking my receipts,  I purchased Running in oil and the Classic 20w-50, back on 31/07/15 yep 2015. I had 6L of running in oil and 5L of 20w-50

from my local Austin Healey restorer, for a total price £117.38.

I need to buy another 6 litres of running in oil now, how much from the club inc p&p

my email george.goddard@icloud.com

please send me details ta