i hate my time clock

Pete Lewis

Well its a grey day and the time  clock on the fire in my No sun lounge has been making a racket for  -a while, well the secrity screws are no problem got all the bits for any device,  so off with the legs , fittings  ,sides,  back, and all things visible,  out with the clock its on short wires so all a fiddle,

Ping the locating tabs and all the guts fly out on the floor  wonderfull,

Theres 3 switch levers that wont relocate with the case in 2 bits, Grr, mess around this way and that and on the 6th atempt manage to get the small shafts in the case the overide cam on the spindle, the two levers which fit all ways up but now invoke some operation and click its all back together

And the reason was to oil the sodding thing which i didnt

I did a Rory McIlroy in front of the in-laws at Christmas past, they were visiting and asked me to change the batteries on a small unit, so I undid the incredibly small screw over the battery compartment - whilst assuring them that I'd better not lose it - then dropped it on the wooden floor, where it bounced about twenty times like a flaming jack-in-the-box, no idea where it was going to land except... in the one single knot-hole in the wooden floor. It was a real 1000000 to 1 shot against it going anywhere near it, but it went straight and unerringly. I then had to demonstrate the use of a magnetic pickup tool which thankfully worked.

cant chuck t the tic tock   its integral with the heater .

like Colin way back repairing a Talbot solara gearbox, very simple easy to do, took synchro hub off and said to the guy dont touch,  well that didnt work, ping boing

out shot the 3 balls and springs, and disapeared in his kitchen,  he stripped the cupboards out and found 3 balls  2 springs,  the replacement only avail as an assy for too many £££s    a week later he found the spring below the floor boards under the boiler, it had pooped down a pipe hole in the floor

gearbox took about and hour to refit and a week for him to rebuild his kitchen,