Bracket - what for - Vitesse under dash

Paul H

Vitesse Mk 2 Saloon 

Hi tidying up wiring and came across this bracket - There is one on the other side as well , same location 

under-dash.thumb.jpg.51d38b6256b3e3b3a2a890a8552d676a.jpg

What is the fixing bracket used for ?

The millboard under shelf has disintegrated so cant check if its a mill board fixing 

Any help appreciated 

Paul  

Thanks Tom & Colin - you are correct - Ive pieced the Millboard bits together for the left size and the location holes tie up . When I purchased my Vitesse the Milboard was fixed by the lower brackets only and then wedged upwards against the dashboard so no top fixings at all - I thought this was the correct way to fix <_<

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction 

i made a two section Lh and Rh   new one from hard board   much tougher than the mill board stuff ,  getting the join/fold angle took a bit of tral 

with a timber to reinforce

spire nuts on the bracket and cup washers and self tappers rather than the fall out poppers

Pete

I found a NOS one a year or two ago, but it's for LHD so sold very cheaply. I reckoned that all I had to do was turn it upside down / back to front... and paint the inside that would now be the outside as it's always a lighter colour than the front. Haven't done it yet, but that's the plan...