New classic owner

answers.jpeg.0dbc428c754c1c6212b63e39693a55b8.jpeg

Here's an illustration of how the forum works. The member needing the information is the red line and at the red circle he posts a question. The other forum members (black) converge on this spot almost immediately. For an amazingly short time question (red) and answers (black) are almost relevant, then the answers head away off on a strange path that goes nowhere near what we actually require to know, before finally being firmly brought back to intersect the red line again with a proper and hopefully correct answer. After that the thread disappears away off at an angle, never to return, while the original poster continues on his path with a lot of head scratching at what actually went on.

People have got Nobel Prizes for less.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, dougbgt6 said:

Colin,

Are you talking about Pete Lewis's Thread Drift Prize from the COM?

Doug

No, I was talking about my intensive research and subsequent theory of post drift - move over John Nash - but as I can't give Pete a Nobel prize, I'll just give him a Nobel as a prize instead. 

Nobel.jpg.e79790dde62023374ee4c0df1c8d29e3.jpg

I agree with colins graph apart from its upside down

We always conned out of adverse trends by presenting graphs upside down as long as it went up there no questions

And nuts we are not,     old   and senior moments prevail   frequenly,  prompted by over entusiasm and strong tea

Its a great place to loose your  sanity

Thanks for the Noble but it dosnt do anything for me

Pete

On ‎17‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 0:50 PM, Colin Lindsay said:

Here's an illustration of how the forum works. The member needing the information is the red line and at the red circle he posts a question. The other forum members (black) converge on this spot almost immediately. For an amazingly short time question (red) and answers (black) are almost relevant, then the answers head away off on a strange path that goes nowhere near what we actually require to know, before finally being firmly brought back to intersect the red line again with a proper and hopefully correct answer. After that the thread disappears away off at an angle, never to return, while the original poster continues on his path with a lot of head scratching at what actually went on.

Actually that graph more accurately fits what you said. :lol:

Doug