Vitesse gearbox housing clips

Robin

The club shop sells the kit . The price would be cheaper if you are a TSSC member Gearbox Tunnel Kit  . In my opinion the kit is a tad expensive and a DIY approach can be achieved at much cheaper price . Instead of “ draught  excluder “ 1inch foam is just as good . LIDL had draught excluder last month for less than a fiver . The TSSC kit doesn’t include spires . If you go the draught excluder route you will find the peel off tape won’t hold and recommend Gorilla Glue , the one which uses moisture to trigger adhesion. Brilliant glue 

Hope this helps 

Paul 

and to add looking at the moulded tunnels as doug mentioned there is a vertical flange added to the base flange    ¬   , this if it sits on top of the floor is deeper than the seals sold  and wont seal anything.

if this flange overlaps the floor it might be ok but if like most it sits on top then its useless, 

dunelm or any other sell 25mm slabs of foam ,cut your own  it seals all the irregularities in the floor and baulkhead  far cheaper and most effective

justa idea 

Pete

The screws in the kit are not the same as the originals, they have a much bigger head, I suspect metric. The price is probably down to the manufacture of the strange rectangular piece, necessary on the original cardboard tunnel, but do we need them on the poly tunnel, probably not.

As Pete says (that I said :wacko:) The rubber seal is not thick enough, I have pointed this out to Angie in the club shop and it should be replaced with something thicker. In the mean time I've bought some draught excluder form Wickes to add to the seal. Looks like I'm going back for Gorilla glue, thanks Paul! :lol:

I think the lip is there to provide additional rigidity so I'm not sure grinding it down is the right thing to do. The other thing is does the additional lip put the alignment out? Will the tunnel be too high for the "H" bracket? Will the lip on the bulk head put the horizontal fixing holes out? I might find out today, although the grass REALLY does need cutting.  

Sorry Robin, slight thread drift, you only asked about screws, 8mm spanner fits and that's close to 5/16"? So the originals are probably 1/4"?

Doug

12 minutes ago, dougbgt6 said:

The screws in the kit are not the same as the originals, they have a much bigger head, I suspect metric. The price is probably down to the manufacture of the strange rectangular piece, necessary on the original cardboard tunnel, but do we need them on the poly tunnel, probably not.

As Pete says (that I said :wacko:) The rubber seal is not thick enough, I have pointed this out to Angie in the club shop and it should be replaced with something thicker. In the mean time I've bought some draught excluder form Wickes to add to the seal. Looks like I'm going back for Gorilla glue, thanks Paul! :lol:

I think the lip is there to provide additional rigidity so I'm not sure grinding it down is the right thing to do. The other thing is does the additional lip put the alignment out? Will the tunnel be too high for the "H" bracket? Will the lip on the bulk head put the horizontal fixing holes out? I might find out today, although the grass REALLY does need cutting.  

Sorry Robin, slight thread drift, you only asked about screws, 8mm spanner fits and that's close to 5/16"? So the originals are probably 1/4"?

Doug

Gorilla.thumb.jpg.74b272f76afb61294c851099c7b1480c.jpg

Available in Aldi Offers , Toolstation , expands about 4 times when water added - make sure items are degreased

Paul 

Ive had some for a fair while and it stays in the cupboard nothing has ever bonded ,  and its been cleaned and clamped left overnight remove clamp 

hey pretso the   two bits are back ,  yes it swells with moisture , nothing like aerosol of foam which takes over the whole job, but follow the clues on the box and 

its never worked for me 

may be im  just the wrong sort of monkey

Pete