Not for the faint hearted, this restoration....

Colin Lindsay

This is actually listed on eBay as an unfinished project; it's a pre-war Jowett lorry with a 'reasonable' chassis, two engines, and the remains of the cab which is aluminium. Oh, and a starting handle too.

The amazing thing is that I've met people who could probably take this and get it back on the road as a gleaming vehicle. It's well beyond me, though. 

Jowett.thumb.jpg.ad48bcee878c9d8168a50b4e47755495.jpgJowett2.thumb.jpg.e3eccc8eb7ae90d352efbb27e704d12d.jpg

Jowett3.thumb.jpg.3c44e2e138e27b83f542b4947e6b7447.jpg

1 hour ago, Blitz said:

Well doesn’t need an MOT so I’ll get the glue and have a bash ;)

Yes it does, pre 1960 exemption is cars/motorcycles, plus tractors and electric commercials. But our average lorry isn't any of those....

Not sure if that is changing next month, my understanding is many vehicles that were MoT exempt will now require one again....

On another thread I discover there now appears to be a rolling exemption for white on black number plates on Historic Vehicles. The information is buried in a number plate advisory leaflet. This is doubtless how we will find out about the new MOT, information secretly distributed. :ph34r:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/vehicle-registration-numbers-and-number-plates

Doug

2 hours ago, Colin Lindsay said:

What's the latest?

There was something about modded vehicles. So previously any car/bike pre 1960 was mot exempt. But IIRC that is hanging, so you cant buy a 1958 V5 and chassis, build a small-block rat-rod and put it on the road without IVA. Of course, this will be ignored by the rat-rod scene....and it may be retrospective. And most of those cars  are not able to pass an MoT (open wheels for starters)

Look at the back, the bulkhead lying on its face.  No sills.  And the sill behind the B-post on the rear tub, and the wheel arch, and the boot floor, through the wing. Where's the engine?  (Manifold lying on front right wheel)

Maybe good for some panels.

John

PS Now seen pics on eBay.  OMG!  But two  -TWO!! engines come with it.