Hello from Paula and her Vitesse

• 3 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Pete Lewis said:

Are you heading for the hills??  

Never mind colin and his wax

If you get a chance  the Big Pit Coal mine is a worthwhile escape 

Pete

I'm at a family wedding and i'd love to throw a few people down a pit already!
Feargal is showing up all the posh cars anyway

IMG_1433.jpg

• Like 4

My mother followed me part of the way to Wales and she told me my tail lights aren't working,

I found that a couple of the wires in the back had worn out and had fused together! I split them up and wired them back into where they should be going and still no joy. I have a reverse light that still works and the red wires in the photo go to the tail lights and number plate light.

I assume somewhere there is a live wire from the front side lights that needs to connect to the rear ones.
Dammed if i can find it. It's a bit of a mess back there!

The cats not helping as always!

IMG_1461.jpg

IMG_1463.jpg

All the red wires should have power when the lights are on. It could be the switch - if the wires did indeed short out, and the fuses are ok, the switch could have gone - or somewhere in the loom the wire could have burnt out - that is not what you want as that would be a bit of a pig to sort - though to be fair not as bad as a modern!

One common place is the split where the wires  (yes your after the red ones  from the column are all snap connector to the main harness

Under the steering column 

Some have an inline fuse hidden for the side lights 

And the wires up the boot lid should not affecf the rear tail light , the number plate just join  to the main tail supply 

With a double snap connector  in the red supply to your  tail lamps .

Pete

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Pete Lewis said:

One common place is the split where the wires  (yes your after the red ones  from the column are all snap connector to the main harness

Under the steering column 

Some have an inline fuse hidden for the side lights 

And the wires up the boot lid should not affecf the rear tail light , the number plate just join  to the main tail supply 

With a double snap connector  in the red supply to your  tail lamps .

Pete

Ok fab. I think i know which one it should be.

I'll see if i can follow it back. Bloody petrol tank and some 'remedial patch up work' i did with fibreglass filler might be covering it now.