Hello from Paula and her Vitesse

1 minute ago, NonMember said:

That's good but it's worth doing an electrical conductivity test - measure the resistance from the cleaned-up ring where the contact's been running to the brown wire that goes to the motor.

Ok. Will do

so whats the next job  amazing a bit of time and head scratch and lube can improve 50 yr old 

worksings    ...must try some grease on me breaky     oils the joints 

i would sooner do wipers than having just changed the cloaks loo macerator    lovely job

but thats in and working too  

Pete

Just now, Pete Lewis said:

so whats the next job  amazing a bit of time and head scratch and lube can improve 50 yr old 

worksings    ...must try some grease on me breaky     oils the joints 

i would sooner do wipers than having just changed the cloaks loo macerator    lovely job

but thats in and working too  

Pete

Good job we all have face masks these days! 🤢

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I think there are brackets to attach to to bonnet, may be worth a search. You can't fit to the front valance as the amps would foul as the bonnet opens. Found this pic, but apparently the mounts were not too clever and need some sort of reinforcing, or attaching behind the grill?

http://i.imgur.com/fhrduPO.jpg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, clive said:

I think there are brackets to attach to to bonnet, may be worth a search. You can't fit to the front valance as the amps would foul as the bonnet opens. Found this pic, but apparently the mounts were not too clever and need some sort of reinforcing, or attaching behind the grill?

http://i.imgur.com/fhrduPO.jpg

There's no as much room on mine. Maybe some unistrut behind the grill if there's room

Screenshot 2022-03-09 at 14.03.11.png

dave put a pic up of the works heralds  lamp bracket ideas   for under bumper fogs   539226598_576bracket.jpg.ff143a55abb178c

those lenses have a prism markings are you sure they are not fog lamps ( have to be under bumper)

most long range   (have to be at headlamp height and only on main beam )  have  a clear lense 

if you power one up fog has a flat top beam  long range has a spot lamp 

Pete

• Like 1

Ha  you could have done that with a disc of MDF     and saved £50   

Pete

7 minutes ago, Paula said:

I just thought they would look cool!

comments about lamps fouling bumpers when you tip the bonnet are very valid 

you can get them nicely fixed to the grill and tip the bonnet with that awful crunching of glass

Pete

Had to nip out and check my brackets; they'll fit the Herald as the grille stays put when you raise the bonnet, so obviously not the Vitesse. There's no way to make them fit the other bonnet.

You could always drill two holes in the front grille, along the lines of the Golf GTi... a lot of the versions I've just looked at online seem to go through the grille... or else are clamped to the lower frame of the grille aperture.

images.jpeg.76bd9a11feadec211a01f762424396d9.jpeg  1083684692_TriumphVitesse(1).jpg.3acd59fa5cbdab368f47f2690d9e02dc.jpg triumph-herald-convertible-car-B3RER0.jpg.561802e5384751ac373d83f9d67836e5.jpg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Colin Lindsay said:

a lot of the versions I've just looked at online seem to go through the grille... or else are clamped to the lower frame of the grille aperture.

I think this is the way.
I'm now more worried they are too big.