13/60 bonnet trim

mishmosh

Hi . I am restoring my sons 13/60 . Before painting I thgought I had better check the front stainless trim fits. Its a bit erm... tricky. What holds it on, as it keeps popping off at the ends and in the middle. Is it just friction? 

looked at Canleys exploded diagram and cant see any clips!

Hi,

They use clips. part #608817, they don't appear in the diagram, but looking at Rimmers listing, they appear as 'Clip - Trim Retaining For bonnet front moulding'

I don't think they work too well, the car I'm working on had self tappers discretely tucked on the underside.

Although the various clips used on our cars look very similar, if you look carefully at the parts books you will see that there are a large number of different clips for the trim pieces. Unfortunately they are not all available new now and a lot of suppliers tend to use the "one size fits all" mantra which can lead to much frustration not realising that you have been sold a similar but not the correct clip for the application you require.

http://www.jetpress.com/ are worth a look if you get stuck for suitable trim clips, they have a large range and may have the clip you need.

• 2 weeks later...