Stiff gear selection

haggis

Hi all, having trouble with the gear selection on my GT6. I took my car for an MOT, even though not required as I like the idea of a mechanic looking it over once a year and for £50, its great peace of mind. Anyhow, the MOT man couldn't select reverse very easily and forced it in to get off the ramp. Since then the gear selection isn't quite right, it feels like Ive lost my 'H'.

So basically there doesn't seem to be the barrier between reverse and the other gears, and 2nd and 4th gears are really stiff to get in. No grinding of gears or anything like that, just makes it difficult to drive. I had fitted a new gear change rebush kit at the end of last year.

Just wanted to see what you all think before taking it all apart again.

If its gearbox out then it could be the difference between me going to le mans or not:mellow:

Thanks

Hag

About six months after I last fitted a rebush kit to my GT6, the MOT man forced it into reverse with such gusto that he popped the spring clip off the gear-stick. I now only have an H if I pull the gear-stick up first. Could yours be similar?

If you hmave just lost the H and the reverse inhibitor then the stick has dropped  like non mem says the circlips popped

And the stop bolt is now below the sector plate it should butt against  gives you a  wide gate and no predetermined 1 2nd postion.

Pete

Hi all , stripped it down today and yes circlip popped, and top bush shredded, glad I kept an old spare, so much difference between new parts and originals, best thing Is to never throw anything away. 

Thanks for your help.

le Mans here I come.,

hag 

These clips do seem to givd odd pop offs,  strange realy as they are notoriously  baskets to get off when you need to fit a refurb kit

Modern plastic spericals are often poor stuff,  keep the old isna wise move,  and the disc cups can have sharp cropped edges that mince 

Up anything they touch

Give them a fettle or  ...use the originals again 

pete