Other people's bodges

ShaunW

I dont wear  them when out ,youre likely to get collected in the yellow bus and brought back ,

Sorry but sandals and NO socks just doesnt work..   

Socks more socks is obligatory on my  tootsies,  any colour  any style,  just ankle socks non of those silly trainer half socks 

Whats their  point   , either wear a sock or not      but wear a sock that makes it look like you dont is a bit sissy,,!!!!!   

Man up    SOCKs  rules apply

Pete

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, dougbgt6 said:

While in Berwick upon Tweed Morrisons last week I was shocked to see a chap in a sheepskin coat, bell bottom jeans and bare feet! :o I mean, really, bell bottoms?!!

db

Arr, must have been a trendy. Next week their all be wearing bell bottoms.

Dave

5 hours ago, Pete Lewis said:

I dont wear  them when out ,youre likely to get collected in the yellow bus and brought back ,

Sorry but sandals and NO socks just doesnt work..   

Socks more socks is obligatory on my  tootsies,  any colour  any style,  just ankle socks non of those silly trainer half socks 

Whats their  point   , either wear a sock or not      but wear a sock that makes it look like you dont is a bit sissy,,!!!!!   

Man up    SOCKs  rules apply

Pete

Even worse than those trainer socks, is those guys that where their trousers at half mast and no socks even when wearing shoes!!!! I wonder what they are thinking of............

Tony. 

2 hours ago, JohnD said:

Socks with a big toe section?  Losers!

Image result for toe socks

These are proper running socks - yeagh!

John

No runners I know wear those...probably sold to people with more money than sense and want to start running. Easy meat for the salesmen.

But how about the "bare-foot" shoes that look remarkably like the socks, but a little more protection? Personally I shiver at the idea of no decent foot protection...(maybe those socks are for the 5 finger running shoes?)

206378_13615_L.jpg

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, daverclasper said:

Mind you. I do find those trainer socks useful (after using a regular sock) to protect my phone. A rubber band longways secures it.

Dave

Dave, you should get a set of Maxwell Smart's "Get Smart" shoes.

250px-DonAdams.jpg

Max Smart: Operator, I want to make a long distance call.

Operator: Certainly sir. Where are you calling from?

Smart: I'm calling from my shoe.

Operator: ... Your shoe?

Cheers, Richard

Edited by rlubikey
add Wiki link

Richard,

Last East Berks meeting (you weren't there! :o) one of the Sunbeam Club came over and said "We've a new member with an Alpine. He says his wheels are off a Spitfire, can this be true?" We sucked our teeth shook our heads and concluded we had no idea. This is the sort of excitement we get on EB club nights.

Doug

33 minutes ago, dougbgt6 said:

Richard,

Last East Berks meeting (you weren't there! :o) one of the Sunbeam Club came over and said "We've a new member with an Alpine. He says his wheels are off a Spitfire, can this be true?" We sucked our teeth shook our heads and concluded we had no idea. This is the sort of excitement we get on EB club nights.

Doug

This site quotes an Alpine PCD at 108mm (http://www.mwsint.com/custom/FitmentGuide/DisplayEntry.asp?category=87&carId=FG000070&make=SB&CarYear= I'm not omniscient!) too big for any small chassis Triumph and too small for a TR6.

Unless they had done something  to convert to knock-on hubs?

John

No, but I'm working on it!  Google is my friend!

But to prove it, do knock ons have the same splined tube diameter for all/most cars?   Somehow I doubt it!    Rimmers list both Sunbeams and Spitfires among the cara they can supply wire wheels with knock-ons, but make no menetion fo the tube diameter.

https://rimmerbros.com/ItemFiles/Manuals/CentreLockWireWheels.pdf