Mk3 Spitfire Apprentice

On 6/28/2018 at 6:23 PM, Badwolf said:

Seriously, you may want to get a tonneau cover. 

Sadly these days, it's a requirement for shows. AS Badwolf says, I usually don't lock my Triumph, EXCEPT at shows these days, in order to keep badly behaved children out. It's amazing how at nearly every show nowadays you can get two or three of them running wild who try the handles, bend the mirrors and try to break things off, just in passing with no thought whatsoever. Leave a window open and they'll try to climb in; leave a convertible uncovered and they'll climb over the doors to get into the seats, and the aim seems to be to try to break the steering wheel off or try every switch, stalk or knob in as fast a time as possible. Then they lose interest and run to the next one. The parents are usually pushing a pram quite a distance away and tell you to get lost if you mention it.

Its all down to the wonderful downward progress our civiliation has acquired through the ongoing lack of discipline 

And free expression whithout concern and   lack of respect and more for others  its visible in shops pubs cafe restuarants and schools  parks and everywhere 

we're doomed .

Pete   glad im old school   it works 

Didn't happen at the Hurst Horse & Car Show last weekend. :lol:  The lower orders are discouraged from entry. :angry:  In fact they are discouraged from living here. Which is why my kids rent and won't have enough for a deposit until I peg it. :(

Doug

Must admit it's not behaviour I've come across at any of the shows I've been to, although that's not to say it hasn't occurred. Maybe having a hardtop makes the difference. Only precaution I ever take is lowering the aerial to avoid requiring a period coat hanger accessory!

Gully