My 6 cylinder rebuild for dummies (as in me!)

AidanT

I do most of my car work on the drive, which is brick with a drain near the garage door. The drain is a "dropped bits" magnet. I now put a newspaper over it and ANYTHING dropped, from whatever part of the car, will be found on top off the newspaper. It happens too often to be coincidence, dark forces are at work! 

Doug

On 05/02/2019 at 08:34, Pete Lewis said:

Ha never work on grass is another good rule

I never work on alcohol either, I wait till the effects have worn off.

My garage floor has large slots that were cut soon after it was built to allow for settling; they were meant to be filled with sealant as an expansion joint, but never were. Everything I drop these days ends up in one of them, so I keep a magnetic pickup tool handy and it saves a lot of blue air.

8 minutes ago, Colin Lindsay said:

A good rule. Alcohol and garage, not a good mix. I never do it, quite strong willed off me really, seeing as I store a lot of alcohol in the garage.

Doug

1 hour ago, Colin Lindsay said:

My garage floor has large slots that were cut soon after it was built to allow for settling; they were meant to be filled with sealant as an expansion joint, but never were. Everything I drop these days ends up in one of them, so I keep a magnetic pickup tool handy and it saves a lot of blue air.

At least you know where to look, been using a two inch air sander with felt pads for polishing if you accidentally turn on with pad not on work piece pad converts to frisbee. If you do manage to find it now coated in grit, swarf etc. just the thing for polishing.

Regards

Paul

• Like 1