Fitting New Wiring Loom

Benlm77

I am about to embark on fitting a new wiring loom (main and body) from Rimmer bros, the old loom was taken out years ago so no real reference point (though I have the smaller looms such as gearbox and front lights etc)

I plan to use the various wiring diagrams, the new looms and a dose of common sense.

To that point does anyone have any additional advice for doing this or can you advice if I need any additional wires or connectors than supplied, i.e. earth wires or similar (as I said I have the smaller harnesses for lighting and gearbox etc so should be covered there) and I'm aware I need the various relays and flasher unites etc etc....

Just trying to make this as painless as possible so any advice that can be provided would be very much appreciated

Thanks

Ben

If, by any chance, you find anything incorrect - wires too long or too short, for example - let the seller know. I found the driver’s door courtesy wire on a Herald loom was about four feet too long, and notified the manufacturer with the correct length. He was very grateful as no-one had done that before, he had sold more than a few with the same dimensions, and no-one had ever told him he was using too much cable...